No announcement yet.

I question why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it as easy as possible for someone to envision their junk in the house, not yours. Last time we moved, I made a comment to my wife about painting the bright red room in a house that we looked at. The homeowner was home (which isn't a good idea) and said, they didn't want to sell the house to someone that was going to paint over their favorite room. I made sure my realtor showed us houses w/o people home after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
      Don't care too much for realtors. They ask too much money and do very little work. Then they try to hook their friends up to "arrange" your house to make it more presentable for another small sum. Sell it yourself and avoid the use and abuse.
      you should get into realestate since it's so easy & do so little work for the $$$$..

~~~~~~~~

bow4life...you are getting excellent advice amigo. Make the house look as empty as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        you should get into realestate since it's so easy & do so little work for the $$$$..

~~~~~~~~

bow4life...you are getting excellent advice amigo. Make the house look as empty as you can.
        If I offended you I apologize. Putting my house on a couple of websites and taking calls does not warrant 10k IMO. Buyers also have to pay the agent to look at a website and talk on the phone, so where is the real work you rollyeyed me for
        Last edited by Speedgoat; 02-03-2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I guess I'm seeing both sides of the fence and have but I'm the kind of person to look at house not whats in it. Most people are not capable of doing that so I guess I'll have to do alittle removing. In somes defense its not only my mounts but too much furniture and crap like that too that I guess I'll have to remove.

I have never used a realator in the past (buying) and would love to not use one now but I need to move quickly on the house b/c the house we want to buy is from a friend and we have agreed not to use a realator on that one.

Snipehunter check your PM inbox

Comment

If I offended you I apologize. Putting my house on a couple of websites and taking calls does not warrant 10k IMO. Buyers also have to pay the agent to look at a website and talk on the phone, so where is the real work you rollyeyed me for

every agent i knows only gets paid once there is a closing and everything else is out of their own wallet...it's commission only. Buyer / seller agent split the commission (unless one handles both) which can run from 3%-6% and a cut of that can go to the broker.

again, get into the game if it's such an easy cash cow...

I have never heard of an agent get paid for talking on the phone or putting a listing on a website.

Comment

If you were the buyer would it bother you and potentially affect your decision if the seller had PETA posters all over the walls and it smelled like patchoulli?

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                If you were the buyer would it bother you and potentially affect your decision if the seller had PETA posters all over the walls and it smelled like patchoulli?
                Well again, I look at the house not who they are and what they have but thats just me. I do see your point though.

I'm not there to fix (IMO) unrealistic people and their ways of life.

Comment

every agent i knows only gets paid once there is a closing and everything else is out of their own wallet...it's commission only. Buyer / seller agent split the commission (unless one handles both) which can run from 3%-6% and a cut of that can go to the broker.

again, get into the game if it's such an easy cash cow...

I have never heard of an agent get paid for talking on the phone or putting a listing on a website.

Then how do you get the property to the attention of the potential buyer? I want no part of that business. You can have it. This was my experience when trying to sell my home, so again, if you are offended by my paintbrush statement, I apologize.

Comment

Then how do you get the property to the attention of the potential buyer? I want no part of that business. You can have it. This was my experience when trying to sell my home, so again, if you are offended by my paintbrush statement, I apologize.
                    the agent simply has to hustle to earn the commission and pray is does indeed sell...every drop of gas, time spent taking pics, uploading onto the sights, circulation publications, open houses, etc all come out of their pocket...if the seller decides not to move and takes the house off the market, the agent is out all that time and money. There is NO reimbursement. If you paid for any of this when you tried to sell, then go kick the agent in the shin

the closing is where everyone gets paid & realestate agents are paid only then by the commission ageed in the contract.

not offended, just surprised you think there is so much easy money to be made beyond a closing...i want no part of it either.

My mom has been it all her life and I tried to talk my wife out of getting into this racket...i hope she gets back into nursing. I just gave her $400 so she could stay in good standing with the MLS and keep her listings up.

Comment

the agent simply has to hustle to earn the commission and pray is does indeed sell...every drop of gas, time spent taking pics, uploading onto the sights, circulation publications, open houses, etc all come out of their pocket...if the seller decides not to move and takes the house off the market, the agent is out all that time and money. There is NO reimbursement. If you paid for any of this when you tried to sell, then go kick the agent in the shin

the closing is where everyone gets paid & realestate agents are paid only then by the commission ageed in the contract.

not offended, just surprised you think there is so much easy money to be made beyond a closing...i want no part of it either.

My mom has been it all her life and I tried to talk my wife out of getting into this racket...i hope she gets back into nursing. I just gave her $400 so she could stay in good standing with the MLS and keep her listings up.
                      My wife is an RN and Charge Nurse at North Austin Medical center. She hates it, but at least it is a "in demand" job and an almost guaranteed paycheck I knew that you had an insider approach to the subject of realestate though

Comment

I'm no realtor, but I have family and friends who are in the business, and my parents are trying to sell their house right now as well. This sounds rediculous, but when someone walks through a house that they are considering buying they don't want to think about who lived or is currently living there. If you were looking for a house, and walked thorugh and even though there was nothing physically wrong with a house, but you could tell what type of person lived there based on the furnishings or decor and you couldn't stand that type of person you are less likely to buy that house over one that is comparible. When you have people view your house you don't want to have anything that says, "this person lives here" there. You love your stuff, but if you want to sell it, it has to go. I have mounts in my house, and if I were selling they would be in the attic. You stage accordingly to show what can be done in a space because some people just can't picture anything in their mind. But you don't want to stage it the way you think is best, you want simple. The less clutter and stuff the better. No body cares that you live there now and they really don't care what you think looks good. Remember that if you were the best in the world at selling real estate you wouldn't be doing what ever you are doing now. Listen to the real estate agent. There is a reason they are giving you this advise. It's not an attack on you and your stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X