No announcement yet.

Huge deal alert!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enter in zipcode and it will check local walmarts. i put the sku in for mini 14

Comment

Originally posted by scjeeptx View Post
      They have wood stocks. They dont have any white spacers or a grip cap like I've seen on other Weatherbys, but the stock on mine is listed as walnut with rosewood cap when I enter the serial number on the website. Very high gloss finish, too, which I think sometimes feels cheap.
      I'll go back & take pic's. If it's really wood then why is it white plastic that you can see where the surface has been chipped? Why do they feel lighter than the black synthetic model if it's really wood?
      They're labeled as Deluxe Sporter, which is only sold @ Walmart. I'm sure there's a reason for that & why they aren't even listed on Weatherby's website.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        I'll go back & take pic's. If it's really wood then why is it white plastic that you can see where the surface has been chipped? Why do they feel lighter than the black synthetic model if it's really wood?
        They're labeled as Deluxe Sporter, which is only sold @ Walmart. I'm sure there's a reason for that & why they aren't even listed on Weatherby's website.
        It's a knockoff version for Wal-Mart.
        Explains why they are under $700 new. Any similar with actual Walnut stock are $1000+ everywhere else.

Comment

There is a .270 vanguard select in Granbury as of last night. I decided that I didn't need to buy it

Comment

Went to my local wally world today and didn't see any guns on the shelf mentioned here.
            But, as I was leaving, I walked thru the "Clearance Sale" isle and found a Primos Trigger stick for $20!!!
            Academy has them for 60 bucks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              Went to my local wally world today and didn't see any guns on the shelf mentioned here.
              But, as I was leaving, I walked thru the "Clearance Sale" isle and found a Primos Trigger stick for $20!!!
              Academy has them for 60 bucks!!!
              Lol... I picked one up a couple weeks ago for $25. You got a better deal. I already had one and the wife said you don't need another.

My reply was I have more than one rifle stand!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                It is a combination of the Deluxe and the Sporter version. It uses the gloss bluing on the metal that the Deluxe uses and uses the same stock that is on the Sporter version, except it is a glossed stock instead of satin. The stock is very similar between the Deluxe and Sporter; however, the Sporter does not have the white line separating the stock and the darker wood on the stock's tip and it does not have the end cap. That is why I think what Walmart is selling is a Walmart Exclusive.

I didnt write this, but seems like a valid explanation.

Comment

Can someone please remove the stock from their Sporter Deluxe and cut in half to settle this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                    Kerrville Wally World doesn't have any Weatherby guns. All Savage and a couple rugers
                    Glad I read this...I was about to RUN to the store.

Comment

Makes no sense for Weatherby to put out an inferior rifle for WalMart. They know this is going to a lot of folks first introduction to Weatherby and if it's a crap product it'll be their last.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        Makes no sense for Weatherby to put out an inferior rifle for WalMart. They know this is going to a lot of folks first introduction to Weatherby and if it's a crap product it'll be their last.
                        I messed with one that a guy down the street picked up - it is the same guts, and is pretty dang awesome. ESPECIALLY for that price

Comment

Originally posted by BW412 View Post
                          I just looked at the sale tag. They didn't price check. As usual at my store the gun counter has no employees to be found.
                          Walk behind the counter like you are looking for something. Someone will be RIGHT there.

Comment

This was posted on a gun forum regarding them. Also read something about all the gun parts coming from Howa in Japan and the stock somewhere else. I'm sure it's hit or miss. Some may be good. The one I got my hands on was crap IMO. My son's plastic toy guns felt more like a gun!

From forum:

I ran across one these at our local Walmart in Spring, TX and it appears to an "in between" model, perhaps made especially for Walmart. The box even lists it as a "Deluxe Sporter". The Weatherby website shows a less expensive Sporter model with matte blue finish and Walnut stock for $849 list. The more expensive Deluxe model includes a "high luster" blue finish with an upgraded stock that has inlays. My Deluxe Sporter has the high-luster blue finish and gloss stock, but without the inlays. Still, an outstanding deal for just $657.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              This was posted on a gun forum regarding them. Also read something about all the gun parts coming from Howa in Japan and the stock somewhere else. I'm sure it's hit or miss. Some may be good. The one I got my hands on was crap IMO. My son's plastic toy guns felt more like a gun!

From forum:

I ran across one these at our local Walmart in Spring, TX and it appears to an "in between" model, perhaps made especially for Walmart. The box even lists it as a "Deluxe Sporter". The Weatherby website shows a less expensive Sporter model with matte blue finish and Walnut stock for $849 list. The more expensive Deluxe model includes a "high luster" blue finish with an upgraded stock that has inlays. My Deluxe Sporter has the high-luster blue finish and gloss stock, but without the inlays. Still, an outstanding deal for just $657.
                              It's fairly common knowledge Howa makes the vanguard line.

There's still a lot said to putting the Weatherby name on something.

I hope they're all shooters!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                                Probably not a crap product. The groups it says they will shoot are great. You get the look of a fancy rifle.

Go handle a $1500-$3000 rifle and then come to Athens Wal-Mart and handle the 308 Wetherby.

I was going to buy one as an investment or trade bate later and throw it in the safe. No intentions now

Comment

Working...
                                X