New pond vs property taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pond vs property taxes

I know a few of you have had ponds dug on your place. What I need to know is did it cause much if any increase in your property taxes? I have a guy who is offering to dig it for the dirt. I do have a spot with poor soil and a pond there wouldn't cut down on grass for grazing.

I can't answer as to having one dug, but I have a pond on my place and the value by the county is no different on a per/acre basis than my neighbor's place that has no pond.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
      I know a few of you have had ponds dug on your place. What I need to know is did it cause much if any increase in your property taxes? I have a guy who is offering to dig it for the dirt. I do have a spot with poor soil and a pond there wouldn't cut down on grass for grazing.
      I know when I had my property lines bulldozed/cleared, I had an "improvements" value added on.

Comment

Only if the county tax assessor deems it added value to your property when they re-access it every 2 years.

Comment

Hasn't affected mine but ours is ag

Comment

no, it hasn't, but I'm rural, so it is under ag.

Comment

I was talking to an old man one day and there were a few contractors getting dirt off his property. It was a serious amount of dirt that had been removed. He said, "I had a big tax bill to pay so I decided to sell some dirt. Now the county said my taxes are going up for building a pond." He may have been BS'ing, who knows.

Comment

In my county, if it is in the yard and landscape type, driveway(gravel or concrete have same tax value), plants, ponds, etc it doesn't get value.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                  If you are grazing and ag then absolutely not, but do not show that in an income column! !!!!!!! If ag it will show an increase in value, at some point, but will not affect taxes at all......don't over think this.

Comment

Working...
                  X