No announcement yet.

2017 Lake Grapevine Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are different bucks. The buck in the daylight pic has brow tines that curl inward, and the buck in the night time pic has brow tines that curl outward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He's talking about a pic he sent me via PM.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
        He's talking about a pic he sent me via PM.

Ahhhhh, makes more sense.

Comment

i'd like to shoot this one too. Only have night picks of him.
          ummm, ya !! Thats the one, GREAT BUCK!

Comment

Seen a young buck and a doe together this morning. Also saw a bunch of turkey for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Smacker View Post
              Seen a young buck and a doe together this morning. Also saw a bunch of turkey for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              Heck yeah glad your seeing some action! Hopefully you can get a shot off soon! I'm thinking of trying a new spot next time I go out.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody hunting tomorrow?

Comment

Got to the tree at about 5:15am, pulled my bow up, realized my quiver was gone. I know it was on when I left my truck. Made 2 passes through the route I came in on and couldn't find it. Took my stand down and went back to the truck, looking for the quiver on the road and couldn't find it. Forgot a buddy had left an arrow in my truck and I had one broad head for it. Walked back out to a different spot and got setup about about daylight. Saw zero deer. Makes 3 sits in a row getting skunked. Boo... If anybody comes across a Mathews quiver with 2 Maxima Red arrows in it, please let me know. Thanks! Will be back out Friday morning.

Comment

Got to the tree at about 5:15am, pulled my bow up, realized my quiver was gone. I know it was on when I left my truck. Made 2 passes through the route I came in on and couldn't find it. Took my stand down and went back to the truck, looking for the quiver on the road and couldn't find it. Forgot a buddy had left an arrow in my truck and I had one broad head for it. Walked back out to a different spot and got setup about about daylight. Saw zero deer. Makes 3 sits in a row getting skunked. Boo... If anybody comes across a Mathews quiver with 2 Maxima Red arrows in it, please let me know. Thanks! Will be back out Friday morning.
                    Anyone around Grapevine have a tracking dog? Please IM me. Huge shooter is down!!! Thank you...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Double-AA View Post
                      Anyone around Grapevine have a tracking dog? Please IM me. Huge shooter is down!!! Thank you...

Heck yeah man hopefully you find em!

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Double-AA View Post

Pics when it’s recovered!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RedSnake View Post
                          Well actually she is 14. Buck scored 159 and some change. 7 inch bases. It was a TOAD.

Oh wait. I forgot. No deer at lake at Grapevine.

Awesome deer. But unless that buck has 30 inch main beams, it doesn't sniff 159.

Comment

There is a resource on here somewhere that has guys with tracking dogs. Not sure where to find it tough. Good luck!

Comment

Didn't see this till just now. I get done around noon today w work and can get my dog to try to help. Sent u a pm

Comment

Working...
                              X