Senior Side Hustles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senior Side Hustles

Was wondering if any of our antique members have a side hustle now that they are retired. Hopefully our special needs son will start at HEB soon and I will have a little more time on my hands to generate a little more income.
    When we moved to Colorado the wife asked me to retire and look out for our son since he couldn’t be left alone (obviously) in the mountain environment.
    I wasn’t ready to retire but understood. Now we’re back in Texas and was thinking about what I can do with my spare time. Trust me on this. Retirement is waaay over rated in my opinion. At least for now anyway. Thanks in advance for yalls input.

My dad makes pretty decent spending cash working on small engines. Lawnmowers,weed eaters, leaf blowers, chainsaws, Chipper's, all sorts. He also rehabs those things too. He hits a couple scrap yards every day and picks up something to fix and flip. It's his hobby..

Comment

In....

Comment

Calling us antique may not be helping your cause . Now distinguished older gentlemen or ladies may buy you something. Lol

Comment

That’s a cool hobby. I can weld and have carpentry skills but I’m not a finish carpenter by any stroke of the imagination. Keep em coming!

Comment

Actually I’m waaaay past the antique stage. Probably closing in on vintage or possibly prehistoric!��

Comment

It seems like all the folks that work for the Corp of engineers around the camp grounds are all past retirement age

Comment

Burnadell makes great tips jumping out of birthday cakes butt nekkkkid at ol' lady parties.

It finances his fly fishing trips and his custom "stay off my lawn" signs.

Comment

I did ok buying cars, doing some minor repairs then selling. Average about $500 profit per car and I enjoy the selling process. Should have done better but took a bath on a couple. Sold 8 cars in 2018 but worked on other projects in 19 that have so far only cost me money. Going to get back at it this year ... maybe. I love retirement and don’t really need the money so it’s hard to get extremely motivated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the renovation idea. Even thought about maybe window washing or something like that. Lawn business would be easy to get started but hard in the Texas summer.

Comment

I had a small lawn service for the last 18-19 years but this month I will mow them for the last time and sell my trailer and equipment. Best thing about it was that I could afford to be choosy about which jobs I took on, and only took the ones with lakefront property, mostly weekend homes for rich folks. Since they watered out of the lake and were rich, they paid well and they always had to be mowed weekly and ready for their weekend stays. Never had more than 6 or 7 jobs and I could iknock them out in 2 days max. Not fun in July and August but another advantage of the lakeside jobs was the shade afforded by the huge pecan and cypress trees---and, I could continue to pour money into my IRA.

Comment

Great point Dustoffer.

Comment

Watching, but retirement is Fabulous, IMO. LOL! Good Luck on finding something. I could see where it wouldn't be as enjoyable if you weren't busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Burnadell makes great tips jumping out of birthday cakes butt nekkkkid at ol' lady parties.

It finances his fly fishing trips and his custom "stay off my lawn" signs.
                            [emoji1][emoji1][emoji38][emoji38]∆∆∆

Yep. I am a dealer for Vortex. Been doing since long before I retired. TBHers keep me busy and I appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

There is seasonal stuff to do like fireworks stands and Christmas tree sales......

Comment

Working...
                              X