Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
    Doing a bunch Sunday. Will try this
    Did 16 pounds and they were great. Had 3 gallons of seasoned cool water and dumped them in. Let rest 20min and they were spicy wonderful and still warm/hot.
    Went with X Large this time and we could eat the claw meat and drink a few drops of spicy water out of the claw.

My new go to method................

Comment

Picture.

Comment

Bump so I can find it in a few weeks

Jeff

Comment

Looks good

Comment

I am ready to give it a try soon. Looks great.

Comment

I do it different, but same effect.

Boil in seasoned water and then take the whole pot and put it in an ice water bath in a big washtub. Stir them with a paddle until they quit floating. Pull one out to test for juicyness. Keep stirring until they are juicy enough.

They suck up juice and seasoning this way. Also, they are fairly clean on the outside so you don't end up with huge amounts of junk on your hands.

The dude that taught me that called it the Cajun Whirlpool or the Soak and Poke.
              Last edited by El General; 03-24-2015, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Well I guess next weekend I am try this

Comment

Originally posted by RingSteel View Post
                  Sorry if this is a silly question, but does Good Ole Boys sell the seasoning?
                  Yes they do, had their crawfish 2 weeks ago, probably the best i've had. Expensive, but good.

Comment

Gotta try this

Comment

Do you cook the veggies etc...with the bugs or toss them into the cooler with the hot water?

Comment

Mustard on crawfish? sorry but sounds disgusting. seems everyone wants to put their own twist and make boiling crawfish really fancy when its really a very simple process once you get the technique down of boil time and seasoning ratio.

Comment

Guess I'm trying this too. Anyone that lives close think they came get me a big bag and ship it to me if I pay shipping? I don't get to Katy too often

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
                            The hot bugs going into a cooler full of not so hot seasoned water will make them draw in the seasoning. I season boil mine and then soak in another tub of seasoned water before putting in the cooler. Way better and juicy!
                            That's the way to do it! A lot of asian places that serve mud bugs also boil in clean water and then season after cooking.

Comment

So how do you serve them? Fish em out with a net, our pour them through a strainer? Very interested in trying this.

Comment

How long do you suggest a boil?
                                Dump the bugs into boiling water (this is my way with seasoning in the water), the minute the water comes back to a boill, shut the fire off. Dump a five pound sack of ice into the pot then put the lid on and let them soak for 30 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X