No announcement yet.

LRGV NWR draw hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well its finally here, will be headed out in the morning for Raymondville.....Hopefully the deer and nalgia are moving with this front comig through

Comment

Originally posted by FlightCancelled View Post
      Has anyone been down there yet, was wondering how green it is down there and if grass his head high this year?
      I drove out there two weeks ago and the grass is head high by the side of the road. Way different than when I was out there a couple of years ago.

Comment

That’s not good.......unless your only about 2' tall…..LOL That was one of the problems when we hunted about 4-5 years ago. Grass was too tall to see over when sitting in a chair.

Comment

Well we made it to Raymondville. Just stop for some lunch an will be headed out.

Comment

Good luck yanta and don't forget the reports.

Comment

Saw a few does but nothing close enough for a shot.

Comment

Little update. Passed on a doe at 20 yards because as soon as I put my finger on the release a nalgia cow stepped out at 50 yards. Didn't range her and shot for 40 and missed. Had 2 does at 25 and full draw but I guess they smelled me and would never step out of the brush.

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                  Little update. Passed on a doe at 20 yards because as soon as I put my finger on the release a nalgia cow stepped out at 50 yards. Didn't range her and shot for 40 and missed. Had 2 does at 25 and full draw but I guess they smelled me and would never step out of the brush.
                  GO GET EM I HOPE THE ARE RUTTING ABOUT THE TIME WE GET DOWN THERE NEVER BEEN THIS LATE ALWAYS NOV. AND DEC.

GOODLUCK YANTA KEEP THE REPORTS COMING

Comment

Originally posted by FlightCancelled View Post
                    GO GET EM I HOPE THE ARE RUTTING ABOUT THE TIME WE GET DOWN THERE NEVER BEEN THIS LATE ALWAYS NOV. AND DEC.

GOODLUCK YANTA KEEP THE REPORTS COMING
                    Don't worry. You'll be going at the perfect time.

Comment

Saw one doe yesterday evening but way too far for a shot. I think the same doe poped out this morning at 25 yards. I got all ready and waited until she looked away to draw....got about 1/2-3/4 drawn and my D-loop broke. Punching your self in the face hurt like hell. So nothing yet..
                      Last edited by yanta61; 11-09-2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Good reports, keep em coming. This is making me fired up about my trip in 3 weeks.

Comment

I saw a doe and yearling Saturday evening and nothing Sunday morning. I pretty much stop and talked to everyone that was out on the roads. Everyone CLAMMING they weren't seeing anything. The word on the roads was that one 7 point was shot and I help a guy drag out a doe. Also 2 or 3 hogs were shot but never found. Even though we didn't kill anything I still had a blast and ready to go back next year.

Comment

Thanks for the reports, I'm 16 days out until I go down.

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                              I saw a doe and yearling Saturday evening and nothing Sunday morning. I pretty much stop and talked to everyone that was out on the roads. Everyone CLAMMING they weren't seeing anything. The word on the roads was that one 7 point was shot and I help a guy drag out a doe. Also 2 or 3 hogs were shot but never found. Even though we didn't kill anything I still had a blast and ready to go back next year.
                              Where you hunting on the ground or tripod and also was everybody hunting off a particular road or scattered on all three roads. Trying to get a plan together for December.

Comment

we hunted on the ground. A short 6-8' tripod would probably be good if you have one. (I'm looking for plans right now to build one for next time). Some places there is grass 3-4' tall and then some place no grass at all. Most of the trucks were on 30 and 20. 10 has a lot off traffic and 18-wheelers going up it pretty much all day. I think there are deer though out the whole place, Its just a matter of getting lucky and setting up on the right trail.

Comment

Working...
                                X