No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this has got to top everything. I am sitting in a tree about 50 feet inside a set of woods and I start hearing this growling sound from the edge of the open field. So after a little while I get down and go look. I find a guy laying in the grass beer bottle by side and snoring like a grizzly bear at 5:30 in the afternoon. I tried to wake him but he didn't flinch. Just kept snoring.

Comment

I can't top that, and I have no reply.

Comment

Sit near him. The constant noise will bring curious deer in to see what it is and where.

Comment

thats freakin awesome thats when you should have a sqealin pig ringtone on yer phone

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky J View Post
            I think this has got to top everything. I am sitting in a tree about 50 feet inside a set of woods and I start hearing this growling sound from the edge of the open field. So after a little while I get down and go look. I find a guy laying in the grass beer bottle by side and snoring like a grizzly bear at 5:30 in the afternoon. I tried to wake him but he didn't flinch. Just kept snoring.
            That is unfreakin believable...

Comment

People amaze me

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky J View Post
                LOL. That guy was probably just trying to get away from a nagging wife and screaming kids. He probably doesn't even care if he see's a deer,just needs a break. Let him sleep!

Comment

Looks like I might have picked a good year to check out the core land hunting at whitney, with fewer hunters this year!
                  I really enjoyed taking our boat out there the last two summers and figured out this year that all that land around the campgrounds we been to was for hunting!o!
                  Will be headed down to the core office this week for my permit and probly try and get out there this weekend.
                  I was thinking about trying one of the B1, 2, 3 areas between kimbell bend and plowman, just because I'm more familiar with the area and it's a bit closer, plus I've seen game around there....
                  I figure I'll learn and scout the land more in the years to come, but could use any advice or direction yall might be willing to part with.
                  Don't expect anybody to give up "the spot" but would appreciate knowin if I'm wasting time at the wrong area or if it's crowded already...
                  I might plan to camp at one of the campgrounds close, so a place good for that would help.
                  I have the boat option as well, but can't see dragging deer and hog into my white boat...
                  I just got a new bow this year and am eager for my first kill!!!
                  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
                  See yall out there!

Comment

Looks like he had the right idea to me. After you count 47 squirrels there ain't nothing left to do but drink a beer and have a nap.

What kind of beer was it by the way?

Comment

I would hope the Corps noticed a decline in the usage fees this weekend, they didn't get my $42 for camping. And, over a questionable "hunter survey" that hasn't in the last few years resulted in any changes. The validity is the issue, and to date the results are nil.

Yes, I didn't fill out a survey, and yes I'm not hunting, and I accept that. Thats the way it goes.

And to all of those that are able to hunt, good luck.

Comment

Drew first blood this morning with the bow and got me a doe the feeling was awsome. I doubt i will ever use a rifle agian!! Good to meet some of you guys out there look forward to getting back.

Comment

congrats txbowcm we gotta have pics to make it official

Comment

Congrats to getting out to all those who went. Double for those who scored .

Well, the weather was pleasant for me anyway .

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I have not seen near the sign that I saw last year. I only saw 4-5 does all weekend...no bucks (well, except a dead one that a guy shot). Do ya'll think the lack of hunters is affecting deer movement?
                              If I don't start seeing more, I'm grabbing a beer and taking a nap....that was a great pic!

Comment

Originally posted by 2scoops View Post
                                .........If I don't start seeing more, I'm grabbing a beer and taking a nap....that was a great pic!.........
                                Whats wrong with grabbing two?

Comment

Working...
                                X