Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColoradoElk View Post
    I am new to the tight hunting here in Texas. Seems Public Hunting Places are few and far between so I am looking for areas close to Weatherford to try out. Are there any close that still have permit available? I know Whitney is a couple hours away (from what I have been told). Is Aquilla closer?
    Whitney and Aquilla are about 15 mi. apart. On the public land thing Texas has over 1 million acres available across the state for various types of hunting for a $48 permit. This dosen't include the thousands of acres of Army C.O.E. land around whitney/aquilla and other lakes, TP&W will also do draw hunts on some private ranches. This info can be found on http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/public/lands.

Comment

I will make it out next weekend finally. Gonna check some old spots and look for a few new ones. I will probably hang around Aquilla, never been to Whitney.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoElk View Post
        I am new to the tight hunting here in Texas. Seems Public Hunting Places are few and far between so I am looking for areas close to Weatherford to try out. Are there any close that still have permit available? I know Whitney is a couple hours away (from what I have been told). Is Aquilla closer?
        I think it would depend on which way you are coming. I think they have some land by Lake Benbrook but not sure of the specifics. That would be less than an hour from you.

Comment

Man alot of new faces on here. How long has eevry one been hunting around the whiney/ aquilla area?

Comment

Hey everyone. I am new to posting here but have been lurking for a year or so. I met a few of you last year hunting at whitney. First of all I want to wish everyone a good season and the best of luck to all. I will be out there next week doing a little scouting myself. Counting the days to opening weekend. Take care and be safe.

Comment

Heading out there in the morning to do some scouting. I plan to do most of my hunting out there this year.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                Man alot of new faces on here. How long has eevry one been hunting around the whiney/ aquilla area?
                this will be my 20th season on Aquilla started bowhunting it when i was 11

Comment

This will be my third year out there, but I didn't hunt it very hard the first two. I'll be hunting it pretty serious this year.

Comment

Anybody going to the TTHA Hunters extravaganza in fort worth

Comment

I first started in 1912 or 1913 and .............wait...............that was a different life .

About 1985 or 1986 here. And yes, there were dinnasores back then. Check the fossils in the Brazos if ya don't beleive me .

Kadda&Ben, I should be there (THHA) at the LSBA Archery Booth, at least one day, help-n the kiddoes learn to shoot.

To the newbies, glad ya made it here .

Lake level info following shortly.

Comment

Dang LW she's gettin big fast they grow up so fast don't they mines 2 goin on 3 and it seems like just yesterday we were bringin him home Justin hows mama doin good I hope and let us know how it turns out for ya and remember if ya don't have a pic it didn't happen LOL

Comment

More info please

Originally posted by Kadda&Ben View Post
                          Anybody going to the TTHA Hunters extravaganza in fort worth
                          Haven't heard about it. Can you give me the time and place the event is being held? Might be able to go.

Comment

August 20-22 at Will Rogers I belive

Comment

We are going the 21st

Comment

How long?

This will be our first year to hunt Aquilla. Did some scouting last weekend. Had our first turkey hunt at Whitney this past spring. My grandson shot his first tom there. Boy, was he stoked. His grandpa got a little excited too. Looking forward to opening day. Hope to see some of you there. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X