mud bugs boiled in clean unseasoned water = the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickman View Post
    Breezy, Poco, and I did this last weekend. Been able to order mudbugs here(Corpus Christi) for a few weeks now. It's early but they are decent size. As I've stated before I'll never boil them any other way than this method.
    I'm doing a boil for the associates at work Saturday and will be using this method.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
      I'm doing a boil for the associates at work Saturday and will be using this method.

Forget the mustard imo

Comment

I think I'll boil some this weekend and try this method.

Comment

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
          Wouldn't it be easier to put the slurry in another pot so you can just drop the whole basket in it? That way after soaking, you just lift out the basket with all the crawfish in it. Looks like it would be a pain in the arse to be dipping them out of the slurry cooler just to put back in another cooler.

Please give me some input on this step.

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
            Forget the mustard imo
            I've boiled with this method a few times now and used the mustard each time. No idea what it does but it's good.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
              I've boiled with this method a few times now and used the mustard each time. No idea what it does but it's good.

I've done the mustard twice. Once was great, and the second not so great.

I do like the idea boiling in unseasoned water.

Comment

Boiled 200 pounds today......good stuff!

Comment

First clean boil and mustard slurry about to go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. Looks great.

Comment

mud bugs boiled in clean unseasoned water = the best

Slurrying.

And I have lots of good help.

Last edited by salth2o; 01-21-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

And the verdict from my crew is that they were fantastic. Seemed to peel easier than ever before and tasted great.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                          And the verdict from my crew is that they were fantastic. Seemed to peel easier than ever before and tasted great.

Boiled up my second batch of these tonight. Everyone really liked em. Made 15lbs. Used 3 gal of water. 2lbs seasoning, onion, mustard, and about 6 lemons. Taters,sausage, shrimp, and corn. They werent that hot but, they were really good! Love this method!

Comment

I get it. This post is boosted every Feb/March. Recipe works for us too but with half the mustard and add 2 sticks of real butter.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I tagged this a long time ago but I'll do it again. I'm gonna try it one day

Comment

I'll have to try this method, love me some mudbugs!

Comment

Working...
                                X