Reports of Shots Fired at Santa Fe High School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for all.

One thing being left out besides God and Prayers back in schools is giving teachers the right to dscipline students. No accountability anymore and no consequences for anyone’s actions. Counselors are spread between 2, 3 or maybe 4 schools and they will not hire snymore because of lack of funds while their is s ton of money wasted by school districts every year. I could gone on and show and prove the waste but nothing will be done to correct it.

Safety, safety and more safety is needed and I still see it being ignored in schools.

I have had verbal and written threats by 2 students where I teach and both were taken very seriously.

Comment

understand they found a trailer house filled with explosives and they are saying that explosive devices were mailed out before the incident. this was a work in progress, not sure how these guys slip under the radar.

Comment

Prayers sent to all that are affected by this tragedy.

Didn't Santa Fe High School go on lock-down due to a threat a few weeks ago? Shouldn't there have already been a heighten alert over there?

I'm on board with arming teachers. However, at the very least, why can't we just increase security at these schools. Don't give me this lack of money BS. New schools are going up left and right, multi-million dollar football stadiums as well and we don't have the funds to tighten security at these schools?

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
          understand they found a trailer house filled with explosives and they are saying that explosive devices were mailed out before the incident. this was a work in progress, not sure how these guys slip under the radar.
          Because many parents today find it's important to "respect their kid's privacy". What a load of horse****. Kids don't have rights unless their parents give them rights. My kids have the right to do what the hell I say and to have their nosy mother be all up in every aspect of their business. Be nosy! Be vigilant!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post

Didn't Santa Fe High School go on lock-down due to a threat a few weeks ago? Shouldn't there have already been a heighten alert over there?

I'm on board with arming teachers. However, at the very least, why can't we just increase security at these schools. Don't give me this lack of money BS. New schools are going up left and right, multi-million dollar football stadiums as well and we don't have the funds to tighten security at these schools?
            Sadly, and disgustingly, football makes these districts mega dollars and this has taken immense priority over security. That needs to change !

Comment

I agree with the concept, but bond money for building buildings CANNOT be used for operations. It's against the law. One has nothing to do with the other.

Comment

use the Politics forum post for the anger and politics posts...... keep this one about the families and kids ..and prayers

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  Because many parents today find it's important to "respect their kid's privacy". What a load of horse****. Kids don't have rights unless their parents give them rights. My kids have the right to do what the hell I say and to have their nosy mother be all up in every aspect of their business. Be nosy! Be vigilant!
                  TOO MANY PARENTS WANT TO BE THEIR KID’s FRIEND. BULL***!! That ain’t your **** job as a parent !

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

this is my frustration. its been 19 years since columbine and the schools have basically done nothing to deter or defend against these incidents, they just sit on their hands and join everyone in blaming guns and do nothing. its ridiculous.

Comment

Comment

**** right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            Prayers for all.

One thing being left out besides God and Prayers back in schools is giving teachers the right to dscipline students. No accountability anymore and no consequences for anyone’s actions. Counselors are spread between 2, 3 or maybe 4 schools and they will not hire snymore because of lack of funds while their is s ton of money wasted by school districts every year. I could gone on and show and prove the waste but nothing will be done to correct it.

Safety, safety and more safety is needed and I still see it being ignored in schools.

I have had verbal and written threats by 2 students where I teach and both were taken very seriously.
                            Curious on what kind/level of discipline you think administrators should have over students?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir! Nailed it!

Comment

Please tell me you don't believe this. Done nothing in the last 19 years? I'm as hurt and frustrated as anyone but...
                                Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                                this is my frustration. its been 19 years since columbine and the schools have basically done nothing to deter or defend against these incidents, they just sit on their hands and join everyone in blaming guns and do nothing. its ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X