Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option A for me! More critters

Comment

Guess I should have mentioned....I’ll be hunting a few days with rifle and a few days with my bow.

Just can’t decide over more animals or a sable bc they are so dang beautiful.

Comment

Africa...which would you rather have?

“A”, all day long. That’s 3 critters you get to shoot instead of one!

I’ve been over there 4 times, and still have yet to get a shot at a zebra (bowhunting with a longbow).

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

B, I have the A list!

Comment

I'd go for variety with A, then return for the Sable and or the Nyala. That would make a great mount next to the bushbuck.

When I return I'd like to take one quality Sable and then a few off topic species.

BUT if you were like me......planned for $5k-6k......ended up with $9k. Which included 3 lost animals.

Comment

A

Comment

Small Spiral Slam: Kudu, Bushbuck, Nyala and Eland. the first 3 are beautiful animals and the 3rd is a monster! first time over, go for A and possibly anything else you want. Sable ain't cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
                  I'd go for variety with A, then return for the Sable and or the Nyala. That would make a great mount next to the bushbuck.

When I return I'd like to take one quality Sable and then a few off topic species.

BUT if you were like me......planned for $5k-6k......ended up with $9k. Which included 3 lost animals.

What’s the story behind your lost animals?

Comment

Sable all the way! IMO, one of the most beautiful antelope species in the world.

Comment

This is what I would do....(But nobody really cares)

Nix the Blesbok and Warthog and Gems(unless he is a 38"+ bull and heavy, If 38"+ and heavy kill him.)
                      I wouldn't shoot a female even though they do get longer) Put that money towards a 60+" Kudu.

Then I would add the Sable ONLY if he was 40"+....

Oh and go night hunting for a Big Civet too.. Very cool critters.
                      Last edited by PondPopper; 05-07-2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                        What’s the story behind your lost animals?
                        Warthog I hit dead center leg bone with a rage hypodermic. Blue wildebeest I hit too far back and got bumped twice before I was able to get a follow up with a crossbow. Impala was the first animal I put my pins on. I heard stories of them jumping the string, so I aimed LOW. Like white patch belly line low. 32 yards quarter away......didn't budge. Filleted him and watched him fade away in the distance. Never found him. That was my first 2 days there. But I rebounded quickly and started enjoying the trip. But dude those first couple days were BRUTAL!!! If I knew I would lose 3 animals going into this hunt, I still would have gone.

All that to say, don't shoot these SA game animals like whitetails. They will haul donkeys!!!!

Comment

Off topic, but what's the avg cost of an african trip after everything is factored in (minus taxidermy costs) for a package like this without the add on animals?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                            Off topic, but what's the avg cost of an african trip after everything is factored in (minus taxidermy costs) for a package like this without the add on animals?
                            All depends on what animals you kill? Lot's of variables. Let me tell you this. It will be cheaper PER ANIMAL to hunt Africa than almost any where in the world for close to or trophy animals. Thins is, you go to New Zealand, you can kill a bunch of critters but trophy fees are higher especially on the Stags, anywhere else, trophy fees are way more higher than most in Africa short of Dangerous Game, but I killed a Lioness for $7000 before the lion prices cratered. At the time, I thought the price on the lioness was very reasonable. you can kill a lot of animals in Africa for what it would cost for a trophy whitetail, muley, elk or almost any other big game animal in the states! Just my opinion. And this is with everything added in short of Taxi fees!

Comment

For your first trip I recomend going with A. A sable is a great animal but I think you would be happier with option A. You can get the sable the next trip...that is what I did.

Comment

Every farm is breeding sable. Give it some time and pretty soon the supply will overrun the demand and get them on the cheap. Take cash with you! I was offered a sable for $3500 while in SA.

Comment

Working...
                                X