Draw length vs. peak weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw length vs. peak weight?

Z7 Extreme. 28 inch draw. My draw weight is coming in at 64.6 pounds. Limbs are maxed out. ATA is good. Brace height is good. Is this due to a shorter draw or am I missing something? I have also made sure the scale is reading right. I miss equipment and tuning. Please bring it back.

If your bow is Spose to be 70 lbs. , you would have to get your poundage up by twisting up your strings. Your buzz cable, look on the internet to see what your timing mark is for that bow. Good luck. Paul

Comment

If your bow is a 60 that's not uncommon... but 4 is a bit much

If it's a 70, some twisting is needed. Every Mathews spec is *.... close. Get draw length and poundage and let brace fall where it falls

Comment

My Z2 is maxed out with 65# limbs pulling a true 67#s.
        What are the correct poundage for your limbs? If they are 65# limbs, they are on the money. Mine are 2#s more than listed weight

Comment

Bow specs are 70 at 29. I should have been more specific.

Comment

Ever replaced the string?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Ever replaced the string?
              Yessir, end of last season. Korbins.

Comment

That's weird man. I had a Z7 extreme a while back, 27.5 dl, 60 lb limbs maxed out was right at 63 lbs.

X2 - bring back equipment and tuning & bowhunting reports

Comment

String stretched or wrong length.... or wasn't set when installed Was it correct at one time? Or don't know?

Comment

The only thing that is throwing me off is the possibility that my scale is wopperjawed. I have hung some dumb bells from it and it is reading fine. If I add twists anywhere, wont that throw off ATA?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      String stretched or wrong length.... or wasn't set when installed Was it correct at one time? Or don't know?
                      Wouldn't ATA and brace show that? I'm not sure. And please bear with me. I'm just really starting to geek out on this stuff.
                      Last edited by Stoof; 07-21-2017, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Fnd can probably answer better. But one (I think it's ata) is just their "suggestion "

In order for every bow turned out to hit exact specs on all 3 they would cost $4k

Comment

Disclaimer: I did document all the measurements when the strings were installed. Nothing has changed. I did not document peak weight when the strings were installed. Baby steps....... Maybe it is time to twist some string/cables. I think a 12 pack and a visit to Rat is in order.

Comment

I bet a few twist in string fix the issue. Too many variables in production to get :riser,film dip, lumps, bolt threads, roller depth all exact .000000 the same. There are tolerance allowances to keep cost down and production up

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              I bet a few twist in string fix the issue. Too many variables in production to get :riser,film dip, lumps, bolt threads, roller depth all exact .000000 the same. There are tolerance allowances to keep cost down and production up
                              Completely understandable. Also my failure to check up fully upon installation of the new strings. The more I think on it, it is possible that I have been shooting under spec this entire time.

Comment

Working...
                              X