HELPPPPPPP! Lease neighbor issue. Long read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELPPPPPPP! Lease neighbor issue. Long read

Ok. So I try and be a decent person and respectful of the other guy. Here is my issue. I have a small lease about 60 acres that is probably 3-400 yads wide and 3/4 of mile or so long. On each of the long sides there are raods. The one to my east belongs to State Park and on the East is Mr. Landowner. My lease was completely logged and cleared a couple years ago. When conditions are dry I can easily access 3/4 of the acreage very easily and can probably do so when fairly wet but hate the chance of getting stuck alone. I asked Mr. Landowner if I could use his road to access an oilfield location on my lease. The well was accessed using his road evidently while drilling. He agreed last year and I never went past my location and respected his property. Well this year he let a buddy put a stand and feeder next to the 1/4 of lease I don't use much. I could wave at the guy if I got on the back 1/4. Well I have been at the lease quite a bit and apparently the Mr. Landowner decided to place lock on his gated road. I called and he didn't answer. I left voice mail asking if I could have combination to access the location. I also texted him. No reply to either. I could easily drive a four wheeler on my lease and never use his road. I would rather it stay quiet and 4 wheeler free. I could also set up stands alon our common border and be a ******. How would you guys go about trying to resolve this peacefully. Again...I want this to have a happy ending for both. If he forces me to use a 4 wheeler I will set up a stand close enough to wave at his buddy. Please help guys.

It's 60 acres. Walk. Use 4wheeler to haul corn as needed and stay quiet the rest of the time.

Comment

You have your answer. He doesnt want you coming in that way any more as they are hunting over there. I would leave him alone.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
        It's 60 acres. Walk. Use 4wheeler to haul corn as needed and stay quiet the rest of the time.
        That was my thought.

Comment

I think you have a crappy attitude. Be happy he let you use HIS road for a year. Now he's letting a buddy hunt back there so he doesn't want you driving back there. Makes perfect sense. No reason that should upset you.

Comment

I'd use a 4 wheeler and be done with it. Don't know that I would set up next to his buddy.

Comment

Maybe the Buddy doesn't know about he agreement and he put up the lock? Friendly conversation can resolve most issues.

Comment

Small place. Just walk. That way you don't get anyone upset. He certainly doesn't owe you anything.

Comment

So because the land owner does not allow you to use his road you are wanting to screw somebody that may not know anything about it.

Comment

Definitely would just walk and not worry about messing with him. I hunt 160 acres pretty much by myself and hunt in the very back. I walk to and from except for filling feeders.

Comment

.... Can't walk 60 acres?

Comment

Exactly what was said before.

Comment

My wife can smell my fart inside of 60 acres. Think maybe you should just walk. It ain't that far, and it's great exercise.

Comment

I never drive farther than the location. HIs stand is another 3-400 yds down the road. It's about 3/4 of mile to get to my ground blind. Not bad when you aren't wrapped in 10 layers of clothing. But when you walk and look like The Koolaid Man it's not a pleasant hike. I have tried not to interfere and was good leaving the back 1/4 of the property alone as long as he granted access. Now I want to put a stand all the way in the back if I have to use a 4 wheeler. I have gone out of my way not to disturb their spot. I hunt alone 90% of the time and don't shoot every legal deer I see. Have also passed shots at other vermin not to disturb the area. I will start bringing others out there and change stand locations. Am I wrong here to utilize my lease as I see fit. He has no respect for my hunts. He actually set up last year right near my feeder and I said not a word. And I was hunting my stand when he did it. PS...I have bad knees so yes it is tough to walk 1 1/2 miles twice a day.

Comment

I'd never drive into a small property like that at all. Easy road or not. Walk.

Comment

Working...
                              X