metal building cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
    Would they be willing to come to Midland?lol I just got quotes for spray in insulation 1.90 square foot.
    That seems pretty high, for the 30x30x12 I only paid $2100 but the location could be part of it and they sprayed mine 4-5"s thick. A 220v window unit will keep it 70 degrees in 100 degree heat. If your planning to keep it climate controlled the spray on is the only way to go and you will more than make up for the little extra up front expense in energy savings.

Comment

GC yourself.... Saves a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
        GC yourself.... Saves a lot?
        I've been trying to calculate the difference between GC myself and having it just done. I don't know how much time I will have to invest in it vs how many knives I will not get done while dealing with it. I've lost most of the day in the knife shop today just trying to get builders to call back or playing phone tag for bids. One bid is from Lubbock, the other possible bid I have coming Monday is from Seminole.
        If I hire cement guy to come pour pad, then building guy comes out and says it's not done right he needed anchors here here and here ect. (To be honest I'm not sure if anchors need to be in the concrete or not)
        The quote I got of 21400 includes me getting the shop from Mueller with the other guy just doing cement and erecting the building.
        Last edited by doublearrow; 02-25-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
          That seems pretty high, for the 30x30x12 I only paid $2100 but the location could be part of it and they sprayed mine 4-5"s thick. A 220v window unit will keep it 70 degrees in 100 degree heat. If your planning to keep it climate controlled the spray on is the only way to go and you will more than make up for the little extra up front expense in energy savings.
          The roll insulation package for the kit from Mueller is $1026 and spray foam bids for 1" to 1.5" thick are from 3200 to 4k. Found some DIY kits for spray foam insulation I will research them tonight and see if they are any good or worth the hassel and mess.
          Last edited by doublearrow; 02-25-2015, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I've been trying to calculate the difference between GC myself and having it just done. I don't know how much time I will have to invest in it vs how many knives I will not get done while dealing with it. I've lost most of the day in the knife shop today just trying to get builders to call back or playing phone tag for bids.
            If I hire cement guy to come pour pad, then building guy comes out and says it's not done right he needed anchors here here and here ect. (To be honest I'm not sure if anchors need to be in the concrete or not)
            The quote I got of 21400 includes me getting the shop from Mueller with the other guy just doing cement and erecting the building.
            You will have anchor bolt drawings. As long as they are set as per plan, there will be no issue.

Comment

Would they be willing to come to Midland?lol I just got quotes for spray in insulation 1.90 square foot.

Comment

My son ltl Andy and his partner Brian builds them. Around San Antonio and south texas. One of things be sure the slab is done right by a good contractor. With the boom out in Midland your prices might be a little higher.....I have another son that lives out there too on the MPD......Andy

Comment

Heres the first quote 12000.00 for labor to erect and concrete.
                  Mueller building with insulation and roll.up door and walk through door 9382.99
                  Total of 21382.99 comes out to 29.70 square foot. That does not include electrical. Ive left messages with 4 other metal building builders. I will keep everyone up to date.
                  You need to remember where we are at. I saw concrete at 130 a yard. The other day. 29 a sq ft is a little high. I had Mine built last year. I did a 40x80x 16 side walls 6 on 12 pitch. I have five 14 ft over heads insulated doors. One walk through. And two operators. It was around 22.5 a sqft.

Part of the problem is most company's don't want to mess with a 30x40 or smaller. So they charge more for it. Who ever you get make sure they put a purlin at around mid door height also. Lots of builders doint do this on small buildings.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Following this is awesome stuff will need to build one for my mom soon

Comment

I built a 21X36 myself and it was 17.69 a square foot. That included one side of the slab being 4 foot tall. I got a good deal on the metal building. It has 2 9x9 doors and 2 7x9 doors on it.
                        Last edited by Murph; 02-26-2015, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but what would a furnished area cost per square foot after the building has been built, like for an office and game room or guest's quarters? Assuming water & electric was run, etc...

Most quotes I've heard are around $45-$65 a square foot...does that sound about right?

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                            You need to remember where we are at. I saw concrete at 130 a yard. The other day. 29 a sq ft is a little high. I had Mine built last year. I did a 40x80x 16 side walls 6 on 12 pitch. I have five 14 ft over heads insulated doors. One walk through. And two operators. It was around 22.5 a sqft.

Part of the problem is most company's don't want to mess with a 30x40 or smaller. So they charge more for it. Who ever you get make sure they put a purlin at around mid door height also. Lots of builders doint do this on small buildings.
                            I knew being here in Midland/Odessa was going to be higher just didnt expect this much. Ive called and left messages/talked with 7 companies so far. The only ones willing to bid or cal back are out of lubbock, seminole, and hobbs.
                            Id go bigger but city of Midland says anything with the smallest dimension measuring more than 24 feet will have to have an engineered drawing submitted. As soon as some of tbem have heard its in city zoning they want nothing to do with it.

Comment

Barn

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                              My son ltl Andy and his partner Brian builds them. Around San Antonio and south texas. One of things be sure the slab is done right by a good contractor. With the boom out in Midland your prices might be a little higher.....I have another son that lives out there too on the MPD......Andy
                              Do your son and his partner have a website where I can send my drawings to for a bid? Also, do they build pole barns including a slab. I am in the Harwood area, just down I-10 from Luling toward Houston.

Comment

I knew being here in Midland/Odessa was going to be higher just didnt expect this much. Ive called and left messages/talked with 7 companies so far. The only ones willing to bid or cal back are out of lubbock, seminole, and hobbs.
                                Id go bigger but city of Midland says anything with the smallest dimension measuring more than 24 feet will have to have an engineered drawing submitted. As soon as some of tbem have heard its in city zoning they want nothing to do with it.
                                Yes you are going to hear a lot from them about the city. Most do not want to deal with it. It's a big pain in the butt. The engineered draws should be no big deal to get. Builders just doing like it. Means they have to do a better job. Some good builders in Seminole. Some not. There was one names Pete webie. Something like that. That is who I used. Run away fast. Another one redneck. Big crook. fiehrs was good has gotten to big.

Comment

Working...
                                X