Kansas pheasant hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas pheasant hunting.

Who all is going out killin pheasants tomorrow? Hope y'all got to the store early enough to get your shotgun shells. They were fresh out when I got there. Steel and dove shot is all they had left.

I guess technically it is today if I posted that at this time of night....morning....Or whatever.
    Last edited by okrattler; 11-11-2017, 12:13 AM.

3 inch steel number 2 shot is awesome on pheasants. No running after the shot. I used to hunt public land in Colorado that was loaded with pheasants. It carried a steel shot only requirement. Lots of ditch chickens died to those shells.

Comment

Luckily I was able to find some pheasant loads I had left over. I thought about shooting steel but I have a really tight constricted full choke so I wasn't sure that'd be such a good choice.

I don't have a doubt 3" Nitro Steel BB would hammer a pheasant.
      Last edited by okrattler; 11-11-2017, 12:26 AM.

Comment

It was tough getting birds. We had 11 guys and ended up killin 22 total in two days. One guy got a banded bird so that was cool. Just weren't getting into them very good and a lot were getting up wild on us. Should have had 3 1/2" mags in my gun most of the time.

Comment

I'm going later this week in Iowa and next week in Kansas.

Comment

We busted em up pretty good in South Dakota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	24518804

Just got back from SD Friday. We killed 62 in 3 days.

Comment

There's no shortage of them in South Dakota from the looks of it. We walked a lot of miles for not much shootin.

Comment

Are the SD birds wild or released birds? Just curious if they are as wily as the Kansas pheasants I've chased.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
                    Are the SD birds wild or released birds? Just curious if they are as wily as the Kansas pheasants I've chased.
                    Everything we hunted was wild birds. Even got checked by the GW and he looked at the birds to see if they were pen raised.

Comment

I took my son for youth weekend. I will go in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                        I took my son for youth weekend. I will go in a couple of weeks.

Congrats to your son. How old is the dog?

Comment

One dog is 10, the other 11. The 11 year old should be retired, but he really wanted to go.

Comment

headed up Dec. 1-3 to hunt some ditch parrots. cant wait!

Comment

Had me a good ol time in Gainesville.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X