How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    We actually ended up nymphing all day. We gambled on the bitterroot and it actually gave up good fish, but it was weird. The Bitterroot shouldn't have fished at all today, but the cold weather had dropped the flows. It was still way up. We are in Cascade now and weighing our options for the next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The first time I went elk hunting was SE of Cascade.

Comment

I fly fish more than hunting now. About 30 days so far this year. I have moved to Montana and live with-in an hour of Clarksfork, Yellowstone, Northfork, Rock, Stillwater, Bighorn, Shoshone and Yellowstone national park. Kinda gotta be a fly fisherman no. If it would just quit snowing

Comment

i don't have any dates set yet. but i am flexible with weekdays or weekends. It will likely be mid-late September through early November time frame. Thats when the fish are really suppose to pile up behind the shrimp boats. I have been looking at "the mexican gulf fishing company" out of venice. If your on facebook look them up and follow. They run some bad a boats and slaughter the tuna. they charge $1700 plus fuel for a day. so $2500 should take care of gas and tip to the capts/deckhand. I've talked to Capt. Jordan Ellis and he has flyfishing experience and knows what it takes to put flyfisherman on the fish. however he does not supply flyrods/flies or any of that. but thats ok, my buddy scott and I go offshore out of Texas every year and have bluewater flyrods and gear for everyone on the boat to use. I think between the two of use we have 6 rods rigged up for offshore fishing. I think i've got pics and reports from our trips in this post. Let me know if yalls schedule looks like and if we get some serious players we'll start nailing down some dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteh20 View Post
          I fly fish more than hunting now. About 30 days so far this year. I have moved to Montana and live with-in an hour of Clarksfork, Yellowstone, Northfork, Rock, Stillwater, Bighorn, Shoshone and Yellowstone national park. Kinda gotta be a fly fisherman no. If it would just quit snowing
          You LIVE there or in Spring?

I fish all around Henry's Lake, ID in September every year. Get to fish the Montana rivers just north of there, mostly the Madison, and some nice lake in southern Montana, as well as Henry's Lake and Henry's Fork and Yellowstone.

Comment

I have moved to Red Lodge MT. Need to change my address. I am an hour south of Billings and an hour north of Cody in the Beartooths. North end of Beartooth Pass

Comment

I have moved to Red Lodge MT. Need to change my address. I am an hour south of Billings and an hour north of Cody in the Beartooths. North end of Beartooth Pass
              Everybody has to be someplace, and that's a nice place to be!

Comment

We took a risk and went for the hero or zero today. Took a 2 hour road trip to a river with low fish counts, but monster browns. Plan was to throw giant streamers all day until we scared one up. I had a monster bow smack my streamer at the boat, and my buddy hooked into the mother of all browns that shook the hook. I mean this thing was gigantic. No trout boated and a long drive back, we are feeling pretty defeated right now. Being the stubborn fisherman we are, we are probably going back in the morning.

We did find this guy hanging in a slew flowing into the river. Was able to feed him.

Comment

Nice hog. Pike?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    Nice hog. Pike?
                    Yup, he ate an articulated sex dungeon on a 5 weight.

There are more pics from the trip. We spent Saturday and Sunday just crushing browns from 19-22 inches. I'll post them when I can.

Comment

You are a lucky man. I've spent many hours on the Clark's Fork.

Comment

Does anyone have any advice for the fishing around telluride this time of year?? Really not wanting to fish the lakes and don't mind hiking off the road or trails to find good waters.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                          Does anyone have any advice for the fishing around telluride this time of year?? Really not wanting to fish the lakes and don't mind hiking off the road or trails to find good waters.

everything will be blown out with run off till the end of june with the snow pack they rcvd this year.

Comment

Todays catch with a 5 weight and steel leader.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice catch chuck!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                                Nice catch chuck!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                                Thanks. Going to Crean lake tomorrow where they routinely cstch 40 inchers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X