No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still at it, but just running. Upped it to 2.5 miles this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got in a leg and bicep workout yesterday am. Headed to Colorado for spring break. My workouts will be on the slopes this next week.

Comment

Got the javi/hog hunt out of the way. That's my yearly marker to start cutting. So Monday it begins

Comment

Kenpo X cardio today.

Comment

The wife and I have been running a lot latley. 2 weeks ago we ran our first 5k she placed 3rd in her age group and I placed 5th in mine. We finished right at 31:20 an her 31:35. We woke up this am and hit it with a 5.08 mile run. I'm at about 16 miles running this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Got the javi/hog hunt out of the way. That's my yearly marker to start cutting. So Monday it begins
              I thought you were already cutting with all the weight you have been losing?

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                Where is everyone?
                What is interesting about this "accountability" thread is that over the years it has primarily consisted of the guys that are self accountable so this thread can go dormant at times.. The ones who need something external dont seem to stick around. In fact, last year I think it completely fell of the map about the time hunting season started last year.

Comment

Back from vacation, good times with some great friends. Lots of beer, liquor, bread, sweets and other things I dont normally consume. Gotta live it up sometimes, right? Played Spanish Bay, Spy Glass and Pebble Beach and walked all three rounds. Each day was 6 or 7 miles. Did a full body workout on Wednesday before heading out to the mountains. Did a 2.5 mile walk on a snow covered trail to look at the Giant Sequoias on Thursday. Friday did a beer crawl(sounds like exercise) through the little town of Murphy California. Back at the gym today but didnt feel like lifting so did a 6 mile run. Amazing when you are carbed up, how easy that can be. Im pretty sure my shoulder problem isnt just an inflammation issue but probably is a small bicep tendon tear. It really isnt feeling much better with a week and a half rest. Unfortunately it wont heal itself so Im probably looking at surgery to fix it down the road. That will be shoulder surgery #4, 2 right and 2 left. Im going to live with it until it impacts my sleep on a regular basis.

Comment

I stuck my head outside to check the temp before I ran...and ended up getting on the treadmill. Got some good cardio work in anyway. I hate the treadmill, but I hate running in the cold even more. Tomorrow is my rest day.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      What is interesting about this "accountability" thread is that over the years it has primarily consisted of the guys that are self accountable so this thread can go dormant at times.. The ones who need something external dont seem to stick around. In fact, last year I think it completely fell of the map about the time hunting season started last year.
                      Ah, gotcha. I usually fall off my plan during hunting season as well.

X stretch today.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        I thought you were already cutting with all the weight you have been losing?
                        No, that was just the water and easy weight to loose. I've been training to get ready to train (if that makes sense).

Comment

Been slacking on posting the last 10-12 days but today is the first day off I've given myself in 8 days.

Only lost 2 pounds the last 3 weeks but feel 10 fold better and the eating has really been getting better the last 7-8 days which should be huge.

Really plan on amping it up starting tomorrow with lots of cardio mixed in with weights.

Trainer is a good dude and helped so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            Been slacking on posting the last 10-12 days but today is the first day off I've given myself in 8 days.

Only lost 2 pounds the last 3 weeks but feel 10 fold better and the eating has really been getting better the last 7-8 days which should be huge.

Really plan on amping it up starting tomorrow with lots of cardio mixed in with weights.

Trainer is a good dude and helped so far.
                            Keep up the good work and dont focus too much on your overall weight if you are exercising and eating right. I have only lost 2 pounds since mid October. But Ive lost 12 lbs of fat and my BF% has dropped 6%.

Comment

Back at it today...

after being off/out of town for a little over a week. Terlingua, Big Bend NP didn't provide much exercise other than hiking. And the margarita's didn't help much either. Got food poisoning on Tuesday night and I bet I hurled three meals. Anyway, got back to the gym this AM and I knew going in it was gonna be painful. Back to the 10X10, but since I"d been gone so long I tapped out after 9 rounds. Front squats, renegade rows, clean and press, pushups and pullups. I hate those renegade rows. After about 5 rounds I could have sworn the gym smelled like a margarita!

Tomorrow, chest and back. Carry on!

Comment

Chest and Biceps today. I backed down on most of my bicep weights to see how the bicep tendon would respond. I could still feel some discomfort afterward but nothing like I had been feeling. I didnt even have to ice it down afterwards. I think Im going to stay right where Im at with those weights for the next couple of weeks. I have been lifting 4 days straight then 1 day off. Im going to go to 2 days lifting and then 1 day off. I think a little extra rest is the right thing to do for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X