Fleather styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fleather styles

Hey guys and gals, what style fletching do you shoot and what do you think is best?

I bought a 5" shield cut chopper years ago so that's what I'm shooting. Always liked the look of the Pope and Young style but think 4" Parabolic is the best. Quiet, little faster, and easier to get 2 fletchings from 1 feather.

Anyone else have a take on feathers or vanes styles?

I use shield.
    But like the looks of banana cut. (Never tried it)
    And I do think parabolic is quieter and a bit faster.

Comment

I use shield cut for two reasons.
      1) I think they look cool.
      2) I shoot three under, and when my middle finger hits the corner of my mouth, the squared-off back edge of a shield-cut cock feather touches the tip of my nose as another anchor point.

Comment

I use 5 and 4 inch shield cut feathers. No particular reason, I just like the way they look.

Comment

I use 4" shield or 4" parabolic. Parabolic is a little quieter and faster but I think the shield looks better

Comment

Shield cut!! Cause they look cool.

Comment

For stability 5" or 5 1/2" Shields work great but for hunting efficiency, I like 4 x 4" Parabolics on 90 Degrees. They stabilize well and are almost silent. Very little noise at all.

Comment

4" parabolic for me.

Bisch

Comment

There are three different styles in my quiver right now. I don't think shape makes enough of a difference at my skill level and range to matter.

If you have a little more surface area, it will help with a bad release or other issues....but I would shoot what you like.

Comment

I shoot 4.5 "shield because they are easier to trim with scissors and I can get two out of every feather which is how I have been doing it for several years. I would like to see some numbers from people who are saying that parabolic is faster.

Comment

Use two fletch and cut em loooow! Fast and silent.

Comment

Off topic: 4dog I wanna see your set up! You shoot a selfbow right? The the next goal of mine, maybe I could make the next bow bust!

Comment

What is the theoretical advantage of 4in vs 5in or shield vs parabolic (or any other style)? I shoot shield cause I liked the way it looked and the shop chose the length.

Comment

Shield because, like Jerp, I use the back edge of the feather on my nose as an anchor point. I use 5" because I see no difference out to 30 yards or so between where 4" and 5" hit, so I opt for the "extra" stability as cheap shot insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by rockmesteady View Post
                              What is the theoretical advantage of 4in vs 5in or shield vs parabolic (or any other style)? I shoot shield cause I liked the way it looked and the shop chose the length.

5" is allegedly a little more stable, especially with big broadheads than is 4". Shield's only advantage that I know of is that you can use the back edge for an anchor point if you shoot 3 under. Parabolic is quieter than shield. In the final analysis, as far as I can tell, the real advantage of one over the other is that usually one looks better to each of us than the other does.

Comment

Working...
                              X