Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep up the good work!

Comment

I started to disassemble the front end to rebuild.

I also removed the drivers door because it was rusted and filled with bondo.

The passenger front finder was damaged and I was not sure if I wanted to fix it or buy a new one.

Both finders are off.

Got her down to the core support.

Comment

Tuned in!

Comment

Keep it up I've been workin on mine for 9 years.

Comment

That is going to be some fun right there!

Comment

As I tear down the front I run all the nuts and bolts through a rust remover and then paint.

It's small stuff but saves money with a little paint and rust remover.

Comment

Everything removed.

Comment

Originally posted by DC-Monster70 View Post
                  As I tear down the front I run all the nuts and bolts through a rust remover and then paint.

It's small stuff but saves money with a little paint and rust remover.
                  What rust remover did you use & was it scrub free or did you use some elbow greese?

Comment

You can see the core support bushings are bad and had to be replaced. So I ordered body to frame mount and radiator support bushings form Energy Suspension. About $60.00

Comment

Originally posted by RAGUIRREJR View Post
                      What rust remover did you use & was it scrub free or did you use some elbow greese?
                      I used Evapo-Rust, and it worked great, no scrubbing. I bought a small bottle for $13.00 and it did all the small parts in a large coffee can. I would drop the parts in per batch so I could paint, bag and label each batch according to where it when. Labels like "Finder", "Finder Under Skirt" and so on.

The process would take about a day to remove the rust.

Comment

The front suspension looked like crap. The mud or whatever it was took a lot of pressure washing to get off.

Comment

I started to fix the small things, cleaned and paint.

Before.

After.

It's amazing was a little paint will do.
                          Last edited by DC-Monster70; 05-05-2014, 12:35 PM.

Comment

While cleaning and painting I found out the the rocker arm bushings are bad and needed to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by DC-Monster70 View Post
                              I used Evapo-Rust, and it worked great, no scrubbing. I bought a small bottle for $13.00 and it did all the small parts in a large coffee can. I would drop the parts in per batch so I could paint, bag and label each batch according to where it when. Labels like "Finder", "Finder Under Skirt" and so on.

The process would take about a day to remove the rust.
                              Thanks for the reply

Keep up the good work & lots of pics

Comment

Lookin good so far can't wait till its all finished

Comment

Working...
                                X