Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #1
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default So this is it..

Were we are now at this day and age.. Quintana jetties.. No respect for anything.. I guess this will be the norm from now on and will probably just get worse.. It's sickening.. And we wonder why all of the public bank fishing spots are now being gated and fenced off.. POSTED!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 05:05 PM   #2
low_tec
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas County

No Respect
low_tec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 05:13 PM   #3
Wood Man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches County

Not too many folks nowadays care like us old school folks. I teach my bunch to leave it better than you find it.
Wood Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 05:17 PM   #4
locolobo
Six Point

Hunt In: Somewhere in TX

Not happy to say so but it'll probably get worse before it gets better. And the only way it'll get better is as said above, fenced and posted. And There are or were,Haven't been there in a while, trash barrels at the area. Just lazy people.
locolobo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #5
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

It's everywhere ! I have to pick up trash off the road in front of my house all the time. Hell, they will throw it in the driveway. Mostly fast food sacks, plastic bottles, and beer cans. I'd like to slap a dog **** out of them !
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 05:51 PM   #6
critter69
Ten Point

Hunt In: CO and Texas when I can

I know, don't that make your blood boil. And if you confront them, they act your the f## up one. And this is just a normal thing every body does. Disgusting, these people should not be allowed to leave there house. ****** me off.
critter69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:00 PM   #7
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

That is infuriating

As has already been mentioned, it will lead to less access for us and it s@cks that a few lazy idiots wild screw it up for the rest of us.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:09 PM   #8
HoustonHunter94
Ten Point

So **** frustrating. It takes 30 seconds to pick up that before you go. I put these folks right up there with those that leave their shopping carts 50ft away from the return area. Lazy.

HoustonHunter94 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:09 PM   #9
Hooverfb
Eight Point

Drives me nuts. Literally just takes an ounce of caring to keep the place clean, but apparently that's too much for folks.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:09 PM   #10
slicktricker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson Co Public Land

Pathetic people. Yes that's the beginning of the end as far as access is concerned.
slicktricker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:10 PM   #11
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Default So this is it..

I wish our county would charge $500 for a permit to access our beaches and jetties.. I'd pay it no questions asked.. This would cut down the disrespectful riff raff which would help this situation tremendously.. I'd pay it.. It very sad for me to see this crap.. Being born and raised here it hurts my heart to see what is happening to our resources..
Total abuse.. Something has to give!!!!

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 07-13-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #12
skooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Canadian & McIntosh Co OK

This burns me up. Last year we were up in the high country elk hunting and ran across a camp site. They had left paper wrappers and all kind of trash laying around - and this was country you had to home to get into. I was HOT!! If Iíd found them, they would have at least known my opinion. I gathered everything up and packed it out with me. I just couldnít leave all that garbage in such an otherwise pristine area.

That kind of stuff also makes it hard for guys to get access to private land as well. Many of the farmers Iíve talked with up here have been burned in the past by guys they let have access to their farms.

Skooter

skooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:12 PM   #13
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

If you weren’t raised to have respect and pick up after yourself when you were a kid, what are the chances you will have an “aha!” moment as an adult? Probably slim to none. I’ll bet the people who do that trash their own yards too. Trashy people do trashy things.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #14
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
If you werenít raised to have respect and pick up after yourself when you were a kid, what are the chances you will have an ďaha!Ē moment as an adult? Probably slim to none. Iíll bet the people who do that trash their own yards too. Trashy people do trashy things.

Yes sir.. This is how they live..

Old 07-13-2018, 06:25 PM   #15
slicktricker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson Co Public Land

Quote:
If you werenít raised to have respect and pick up after yourself when you were a kid, what are the chances you will have an ďaha!Ē moment as an adult? Probably slim to none. Iíll bet the people who do that trash their own yards too. Trashy people do trashy things.
Very accurate observation imo.
slicktricker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #16
BowOnly81
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SHNF and Trinity Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Yes sir.. This is how they live..

Get out of my driveway!!!!

That is pretty pathetic!
BowOnly81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:55 PM   #17
Razrbk89
Ten Point

Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas

It amazes me how sloppy and clueless rednecks are. A lot of it is pure laziness and as mentioned above, horrendous “parenting”.

If your momma had been throwing beer cans, cigarettes, and dirty diapers out the window your whole life, you wouldn’t think much of it.

It has & will continue to affect access. I don’t mind a bit if someone sets up camp on me, but I do mind & would say something if they leave trash.
Razrbk89 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:57 PM   #18
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
It amazes me how sloppy and clueless rednecks are. A lot of it is pure laziness and as mentioned above, horrendous “parenting”.

If your momma had been throwing beer cans, cigarettes, and dirty diapers out the window your whole life, you wouldn’t think much of it.

It has & will continue to affect access. I don’t mind a bit if someone sets up camp on me, but I do mind & would say something if they leave trash.
Rednecks??? Lol
Not all rednecks are trashy..
And from what I'm observing it is not rednecks is doing this crap..
Old 07-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #19
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowOnly81 View Post
Get out of my driveway!!!!

That is pretty pathetic!
Yea that slotted, steel, Chevy wheel is worth about $100 these days.. Those are getting harder to find..
Old 07-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #20
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Quote:
Rednecks??? Lol
Not all rednecks are trashy..
And from what I'm observing it is not rednecks is doing this crap..
Right ! The biggest offenders are the newly minted border crossers. I've had some work for me and when they get through with it, they throw it down. Look at you like you're nuts when you tell them to pick it up.

Another of my pet peeves is people who will drive down a dirt road and dump their household garbage. I'm guessing if they were caught and fined heavily enough it might make a difference, but that ain't what sells newspapers or gets the DA elected.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 07:20 PM   #21
Tx-Burt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie

Quintana has always been trashy like that, nothing new. Go on the Surfside side where they get the Prisoners to pick up the trash LOL
Tx-Burt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #22
krausejmk
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria, Tx

Geez, some people just suck
krausejmk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 07:35 PM   #23
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx-Burt View Post
Quintana has always been trashy like that, nothing new. Go on the Surfside side where they get the Prisoners to pick up the trash LOL
No sir it has not always been like that.. I was born here and still live here..
I'm old enough to remember when you could hit the surf during the week and never see a person from the jetties to the mouth.. I'm only 52..
It stays packed 7 days a week now days.. Those government checks must be really good..
Old 07-13-2018, 07:38 PM   #24
Jerry H
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
It's everywhere ! I have to pick up trash off the road in front of my house all the time. Hell, they will throw it in the driveway. Mostly fast food sacks, plastic bottles, and beer cans. I'd like to slap a dog **** out of them !
Me too I have to pick up trash out of my bar ditch before I mow it.
Jerry H is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 08:01 PM   #25
cuttingedge
Ten Point

Hunt In: hardly at all here

I am going to refrain from comment, other than I hate the folks that do this. I fish Tarryall Reservoir and Eleven Mile Reservoir and see the same crap. Boils my innards.

Losers
cuttingedge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 09:32 PM   #26
rockyraider
Ten Point

Hunt In: Out West

There is no excuse for littering like that... Two quick experiences with how trashy people are.

1. I grew up going to Port A multiple times a summer and have continued doing it as an adult. About five years ago we basically quit going to Port A several times a summer due to how trashy/nasty the beach is and how expensive it had gotten. We tried the Ft. Walton Beach/Destin area and fell in love with Florida. It is amazing how clean and well cared for most of the beaches are in that area of Florida. Night and day difference with how people treat our Texas coast line. We were just down in Port A a couple weeks ago. Cigarette butts, bottles, cans, bottle caps, plastic bags, etc. all over the beach. People would be camped out under their pop up tents all day, pack up and leave litter all over the place. It made me sick.

2. I'm very disappointed in how the high school kids treat the high school where my daughter goes. The kids literally pull into the parking lot from lunch, and dump fast food bags, wrappers, cans, and various other types of trash onto the ground. I mean they pull up, and must literally just dump it on the ground. You can drive the parking lots after school is out and it is embarrassing that our campus looks like that. My daughter plays tennis for the high school and their courts are literally covered by the same wind blown trash. We go watch tennis tournaments where kids come from other schools within our district and its plain embarrassing. I keep telling my daughter, if I were the principal of the school, I'd give the student body one week to clean up their campus or I'd close campus for all students. No more open campus for lunches, etc.... I really need to call the school district to complain, its that bad. Its equally frustrating that the principals and admin. do nothing to demand that the students treat their campus with respect.
rockyraider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 08:07 AM   #27
Big pig
Ten Point

Hunt In: Goliad and Leon Co.

Quote:

I teach my people the right way. I get some steange reactions, but itís an example to others.
Big pig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 08:30 AM   #28
Radar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wilson County

I thought the pictures was from calaveras lake in San Antonio till I read it. The sad part of all this is a lot of the boat ramps are this way. And take a trip down the Guadalupe river past seguin and see some of the junk laying along the river.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #29
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

People.suk.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #30
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Throckmorton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
It amazes me how sloppy and clueless rednecks are. A lot of it is pure laziness and as mentioned above, horrendous ďparentingĒ.

If your momma had been throwing beer cans, cigarettes, and dirty diapers out the window your whole life, you wouldnít think much of it.

It has & will continue to affect access. I donít mind a bit if someone sets up camp on me, but I do mind & would say something if they leave trash.
Don't confuse Rednecks with white (brown, blue, black, green, yellow, or red) trash.
cj7zrcool is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 01:10 PM   #31
Adam G.
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Starr, kerr, Edwards Co.

Curious if you picked up the trash or left it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Adam G. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #32
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam G. View Post
Curious if you picked up the trash or left it?

LOL.. Just curious, what would you have done?
Old 07-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #33
kck
Eight Point

Hunt In: Level 3 MLD Golf Course

A reflection of the direction of America. Unless people start making the necessary changes...
kck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 01:21 PM   #34
Adam G.
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Starr, kerr, Edwards Co.

Quote:
LOL.. Just curious, what would you have done?
Cleaned up that little area. Done it before. Takes 10 to 15 mins of your time. You live their so I would have thought you would have had at least cleaned up where you live. Actually I was at padre island last weekend and I'm from S.A. and cleaned up a mess. Not as big as that mess but close. But that's me. Just funny to see people complain and do nothing. Have a good day sir.

Adam G. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 01:28 PM   #35
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam G. View Post
Cleaned up that little area. Done it before. Takes 10 to 15 mins of your time. You live their so I would have thought you would have had at least cleaned up where you live. Actually I was at padre island last weekend and I'm from S.A. and cleaned up a mess. Not as big as that mess but close. But that's me. Just funny to see people complain and do nothing. Have a good day sir.

Well good for you and I never asked for your approval about my complaining... If you feel obligated to clean up someone else's garbage then I'm sure it's even worse now.. Come get you some.. My point is that it should never happen.
Im not in the business of cleaning up other people's messes especially when the mess includes used condoms, syringes and dirty diapers.
That was just 2 snapshots of a much larger area that looks like that ALL OF THE TIME.. It would take a clean CREW all day, to clean that crap up and has.. This is the norm down here.. Clean it up and a week later it looks exactly the same..
Old 07-14-2018, 02:18 PM   #36
equyst
Four Point

s**k
equyst is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 03:18 PM   #37
Preacher Man
Eight Point

Hunt In: Jasper & Sutton Co.

Shoot, letís do something about it. I would bet thereís enough of us on TBH who care, we could get together and run down there and clean it up. Iím up for it.
Preacher Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #38
El Forajido
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any Tree stand in Texas ✭

And they drink Corona too. Hell that should be a crime in itself. SMDH
El Forajido is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 04:07 PM   #39
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Anything free these days ends up in that condition. Sad