No announcement yet.

Sardines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife says they smell like a long weekend I don't know what she is talking about.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
      This almost made Budweiser come outta my nose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol
      Surprised the Budweiser is only coming out of nose[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Tang?
      LMMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        I like them in hot sauce.
        green chili sauce is good too

Comment

I like the King Oscar cracked pepper and olive oil, mediterranean, jalapeno and olive oil and dijon mustard. My favorites of what I can get at my local HEB.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
            I have a buddy that lives on sardines, potted meat, beanee weenees, etc. If he doesn't have diarrhea it's concerning to him.

I almost choked from laughter on this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After a morning of quail hunting, my Dad and I would eat regular sardines with sharp cheddar cheese and crackers and a cold beer. Sometimes Vienna sausages for the meat. Helped to have a pretty strong appetite.

Comment

Two notes about sardines:

1. They make great catfish chum! Get a can of sardines (or 2 or 3) packed in water (not oil!). Poke a few holes in the top. Tape a rock or something to the bottom to keep it upright. Throw it out where your catfish bait is. Works great, try it!

2. When I was a kid, most sardines were real small, like about pencil-sized, maybe 1 1/2" long. Now they're all bigger. Can you still get those small ones? I haven't found any.

Comment

I'll pass on the catfish bait.

Comment

Good bait for trappin coons

Comment

Another vote for mustard sauce and saltines. A dash of tobacco and it's on!

And I may or may not have taped an empty can under the boss's office chair.

Comment

Nothing better than fresh sardines fried whole!

Comment

King Oscar almost any vintage.,

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                            Can’t say as I’ve ever actually eaten any. The only thing I’ve ever done was used them in live traps as a kid. I did buy a can of spam the other day but haven’t opened it.
                            Spam? So nasty! I'd rather eat sardines all day long.

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                            Two notes about sardines:

1. They make great catfish chum! Get a can of sardines (or 2 or 3) packed in water (not oil!). Poke a few holes in the top. Tape a rock or something to the bottom to keep it upright. Throw it out where your catfish bait is. Works great, try it!

2. When I was a kid, most sardines were real small, like about pencil-sized, maybe 1 1/2" long. Now they're all bigger. Can you still get those small ones? I haven't found any.
                            Try the brisling sardines. Those are the small ones.

This thread makes me want to can or jar a bunch of small shad. Anyone ever try this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              I'll pass on the catfish bait.

Same. No thanks on the peasant food..[emoji2957][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                              X