No announcement yet.

Frustrated Dad moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fully admit to doing things the hard dumb way many times. I still do it, but lemme tell ya, I’m pretty impressive on the 2nd attempt!

Comment

Leave it like that, the first time one of his friends rides with him....well you get the message.

Comment

At least he was trying y'all will laugh about it in a few years. Enjoy him couple more years he will be gone.I used to get so mad about tools that were missing man I wish I could loose a few more wrenches.

Comment

Let him make the mistakes and live with the carpet. I’m ornery as heck and only learn when I goof up. Make mistakes, even big ones... just don’t make them twice.

Comment

Go home, rip the carpet out, hit him with it and then tell him how stupid he is for messing it up...that’s how a bunch of us learned from our mistakes.

Comment

It would **** me off to no end. He'd here it for sure and then better figure out how to fix it. I always make my son tell me what his plan is before I turn him loose. He still scewes up but thats learning.

Hoggslayer

Comment

I say let him ride with it looking like crap. He can save and buy new carpet of he doesn't like it. Patience is hard to learn, but it's easier when your the one ruining your own hard earned dollars materials.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  Mistakes are the best teachers
                  This X 2..I am 41 now and still happens, but I still wish my dad was around to chomp my rear. Probably trying to impress you really by doing it himself.

Comment

Two types of teachers
                    Tribulation
                    Revelation

As he matures he will want to be taught more by revelation...or suffer!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      At least he was trying y'all will laugh about it in a few years. Enjoy him couple more years he will be gone.I used to get so mad about tools that were missing man I wish I could loose a few more wrenches.
                      We seldom probably agree on things Killa but I’m in your camp on this one.

People learn from mistakes most of the time. Some mistakes have harsher consequences. This is carpet. Enjoy the ride...pick your battles.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                        If you didn’t explain that to him beforehand and he’s never replaced carpet before that’s not his fault....he made it work.

Assuming he’s gonna google “how to replace carpet on 35 year old Chevy “ is unrealistic on your part if beforehand you didn’t explain to him to YouTube it if he had trouble.

You told him to work it out, he did....just not how you wanted it
                        x2

Comment

That truck will run just fine without any carpet. It will get him where he is going and no one else is really going to give a hoot about the carpet. Yes is was unfortunate that he made the mistake but he was doing it and he surely feels like $#%* for not doing a better job. Letting you down with a bad installation job is probably just breaking his heart. He is your son, to hell with the carpet. Be glad he is home, not on drugs and that god blessed you with him. I deal with grown men with Electrical Engineering degrees that are complete idiots. I think you need to sit back and forget about your wallet. Good lord if that’s the worse thing he had done your a lucky man. He obviously was not versed enough in what he should have done. Hell he made the effort. Your the Dad. Mistakes happen, he can drive it until he or you can afford a new carpet and then you get the chance to spend quality time with your son and install it correctly. My Dad was killed in Vietnam and I grew up without one. Cherish the time together and get over it already. Probably not what you want to hear. I would gladly spend the money to have quality times with one of my sons. I paid for a deer lease in Llano for 13 years so my youngest could hunt and we could spend time together rather than a lease in deep South Texas. You are a lucky man. Love him, fix it and move on.

Comment

At least he is trying, some educations just cost more than others.

Comment

We have been trying hard for three years to have a child. I can only hope I get to go through these type of experiences. Enjoy it man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He could have called me to help but it would have looked a whole lot worse than it does. He should have called Joe. With his OCD, it would have been perfect and would have had cool little lights some where because, you know, Joe likes lights.

Don't get too mad. He is one fine young man and has my respect, so much better than 90% of what I usually see.

Comment

Working...
                                X