Primo brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primo brisket

First beef on my new rig. Leveled off at 220. I didn’t buy the heat blocking plates - I’m cheap - but I did get the lower racks. I figure the drip pan should provide enough heat buffer. If it doesn’t the. I will make my own plates out of some ceramic tiles I have in the attic. This brisket is just for hunting snacks later in the week so experimenting is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good so far

Comment

Well I’m just giddy. Left the house at noon with the Primo at about 220. I had started with a full bag of lump and lit it with the natural style lighter like they do on the primo YouTube in a couple of places. Wrapped 2 chunks of mesquite in foil and tossed in. That was at 8am.
      When I came home at 4 the temp was still 220 and it looked like hardly any charcoal had burned. I closed the vents in hopes of snuffing it out and saving some. Brisket was at 205 internal and was just perfect!

Comment

More pics

Comment

Which grill do you have?

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Texarican, I love ya brother, but this thread needs pics of said perfect brisket! This is a recipe thread, and you've given us nothing!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X