help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

first a confession. I didn't shoot my bob sarrels bobcat II recurve for the last 6 months, I pulled it out and went shoot tonight. the string is popping off about every 3rd shot and I don't know why,

any ideas

It might have a twisted limb?

The string stretched a ton and the brace height is really low?

Comment

Originally posted by Brannon74 View Post
      first a confession. I didn't shoot my bob sarrels bobcat II recurve for the last 6 months, I pulled it out and went shoot tonight. the string is popping off about every 3rd shot and I don't know why,

any ideas
      If you just stood it up in a corner it could have caused the limbs to twist which is about the only reason the string would jump off. I always hang my bows from a peg or nail and not in the heat. Leave it strung for a few weeks or so, that may straighten them some or maybe completely. Good luck

Comment

How did you store it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

it was hung up. limps don't look twisted. i will try adjusting brace height. what should it be?

Comment

i think my string stretched.

Comment

I may be out of luck. when i pull it back the string tries to slide off to the the right. does that mean the limbs are twisted?

Comment

Pics?

Comment

Brace ht should be around 71/2-8". Examine the string for broken strands, though this is unlikely with ff type strings. Slowly draw back a few inches and look or better yet have someone else look to see if the limb tip is starting to twist. If it is a twisted limb these can usually be corrected fairly often on recurves.

Comment

If it is a twisted limb, you might slightly twist it in the opposite direction a few times and check it then. If this doesn't work call Bob. I am sure he can help you.

Doug

Comment

thanks for the help men

Comment

Working...
                      X