Plow Disc Cooker Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plow Disc Cooker Recipes

My wife has ordered a disc cooker for our anniversary. This will be my fist experience cooking with one so let the advice and recipes begin.

Cotton posted this on one of his threads.....

discada, plow disk cooker, plow disk cooking, plow disc cooking, plow disc cooker, plow disc, plow disk, disc-it, plow disk, cowboy, southwest, bbq, dutch oven, mexican wok, new mexico, disc grill, wok, disk, plow cooking, bbq, propane burner, cowboy wok, disc cooker, disco, maverickfab, disc grill, discgrill, texas wok, disc grill cooker, plow disc cooker

Comment

Can anyone contribute some recipes to this????

Comment

fish tacos - clean fish. lots of veggies and let it roll

wild hog tacos-- thin cut wild hog cooked with soy sauce

It goes on and on from there. Anything you would stir fry, deep fry, or just brown and eat can go on a disk. Ive made 100's of these and cooked many meals for my family and friends on mine. Breakfast tacos in minutes. Fried fish for loads of folks. I use mine for almost anything- if you are cooking for lots of people it is great. It is the ultimate camp cooker for about all of your needs. On very cold mornings turn it upside down and it throws heat down and out to warm up when you first wake up.

Comment

take some wild hog cut into 1" squares (make sure there is some fat on the meat)
          1or2 onions cut up
          1to2 bell peppers
          Jalapeno's a few

Fill with water (over the meat boil till meat is tender may have to add water)
          before the water is almost gone add some salsa let boil down and it will make a gravy (like a carne casada)

When I make it I use the hams and the loin

Comment

there are many,pm me and i can elaborate.breakfast--fry and crumble sausage,add onion, peppers, and scrambled eggs makes great breakfast tacos.
            lunch- add a lil oil,and chicken fry some thin cut backstrap,lion whatever meat you like then fry a few taters and call it good
            dinner [start early] a lil olive oil cube your meat and brown add onions and a lil pepper about 2 qts water and cook till tender i usually add 2 cans of beans[that depends on how many your feeding] what ever flavor you like, mix it all together and stir often to break up the beans, season to taste ,spoon it out and heat the flat bisquits [tortillas]on the disk that way you get all the flavor, spoon it out and serve makes for a great supper,and you get to drink whiskey while it cooks. hope this helps

Comment

KCK's Bohemian Cabbage

1lb peppered bacon cut into 1 1/2" long pieces. Get the bacon rendered down to where you could eat it, but still chewy then add a bunch of green onions diced, and 1 red onion chopped (discliamer:The red onion is something I added and not sanctioned, or approved by the afforementioned square-head). Cook the onion for a minute or three, then dump in two heads of chopped cabbage. Keep stirring and turning over, and adding salt as you go. Don't be afraid of the salt, it takes a bunch, and I add copious ammounts of fresh ground black pepper. If you start to run short on oil you can add olive oil, just depends how fat the bacon is. I like to cook most of the crunch out of the cabbage, so the thick pieces crunch, but not the thin ones.

Best served with a big rare ribeye, and cold beer. I've cooked this all over the place, for all types of people since Casey showed it to me........and EVERYONE comes back for more.

Comment

Dang hoss, I think you do it better than myself! Red onion in the Bohemian cabbage: approved. Actually, I'm gonna have to try that out soon. This stuff is really good out of a good old cowboy wok "aka disk cooker". Don't be scared to put a little heat to it, either. Not to dilute the "Bohemianness" of the operation, but it's almost more of a stir-fry.

Dale, I reckon Moser's Flash Fried Gizzards would work might fine in one of these as well. Just fer you bud...we don't need no stinking thermometers!!!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by kck; 11-10-2008, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I reckon that'd work too, but I'd never attempt to flash fry a gizzard without at least one Simek on hand!

Comment

Good point. It's kidna one of those unspoken rules within the gizzard frying community.

If'n any of the Simek clan is around, let us know if y'all have used a disk to cook gizzards in. I'm thinkin' it might be pretty handy.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                      , but it's almost more of a stir-fry.
                      Blasphemy!!!
                      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                        Blasphemy!!!
                        Dadgummit, sorry bout the foul language fellas. What I MEANT to say was... ", but it's almost more of a pan fry, you know, kinda like you'd do a big ribeye in a pan next to some sunny side up eggs." I humbly request the apologies of the committee.

Anyway, Mike1801, sorry bout the hijacked thread. The cabbage is good.
                        Last edited by kck; 11-10-2008, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post

I humbly request the apologies of the committee.
                          Whataya think, Mo?

Should we give him his Man Card back?
                          Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
                          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                            Whataya think, Mo?

Should we give him his Man Card back?
                            He does have a shop capable of building space shuttle parts........

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              He does have a shop capable of building space shuttle parts........
                              Man Card reinstated!
                              Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
                              l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                              ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Working...
                              X