Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobs for Seniors

Folks,
    I have another thread on here entitled Retiring at 62. As usual there are a wie variety of very interesting opinions. All of which I have enjoyed reading. So, I , we retire and we want to "supplement" our habits or our income.
    Ive been blue collar all of my life. I was enrolled in college at the time our son was injured and never finished. So, I don't have a college degree.
    What would yall recommend a senior like myself doing or where for that matter? I have thought about a few things, carpentry, handyman, even a small lawn business. The later really doesn't appeal to me in August though!
    Give it your best shot. Your helping a lot more folks than myself!
    Blessings,
    Bruce

What ever you decide work for cash ��

Comment

You could be the old guy on the golf course that yells at people for playing too slow.

Comment

Dammit man! Now that's funny.

Comment

Walmart greeter, baby sitter, house sitter, home depot guy, pizza delivery dude

Comment

Several driving type jobs. Uber driver, delivery driver for auto parts or electrical supply house. Driver for health care facilities, getting older elderly to and from medical facilities.
            Get your chauffeurs license and you can drive small vans and buses,

Comment

With your hands on experiance maybe find a hardware store such as ACE Hardware that hire people to assist customers finding what they need.

Comment

There are some companies that really value seniors because they aren't afraid to work and they SHOW UP, everyday on time. One of my former neighbors was retired (twice) and he drove a parts delivery truck party time for ABC Auto Parts. He liked it and I think it helped him stay married.

Comment

auto parts delivery driver is simple, flexible hours most places,low stress as a driver and most offer benefits after short while,, i've been doing it for almost 3 months , i like it

Comment

City and County parks departments often hire retirees to work entrance booths or to preform light duty maintenance. Although at 62 you're far from 'senior' age work.

Find something you like; work the counter at a gun shop, start a gun cleaning/knife sharpening business, do handyman jobs.....just a few ideas. Good luck.

Comment

Golf course. See if you can get a job just mowing fairways. Nice easy job doesn't take all day and I always liked mowing fairways nice and relaxing.

Comment

I'll turn 71 this month and am still running a small, shrinking lawn business. Been doing it since '01 and I still enjoy it Never had more work than I could get done in 2 short days or one long day.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                          I'll turn 71 this month and am still running a small, shrinking lawn business. Been doing it since '01 and I still enjoy it Never had more work than I could get done in 2 short days or one long day.

Yep me too. Get as much work as you want or don't want. Even on my "easy day" I can make around $100 in 2 1/2 hours. Comes out to pretty good hourly wage for old retired guy plus the exercise is good

Comment

I've been retired for five years now from being a Commercial Building Contractor. I primarily built movie theaters, car lots, and health care facilities. Right after I retired I was asked by one of my movie theater customers to consult on a new building, later another customer asked me to do the same thing. I just finished a 100,000 sq. ft. theater in Odessa, and have one to start in Amarillo, El Paso, Edinburg, Tulsa and one coming up in Virginia. I just can't retire, I want to but, so hard to pass up making this much money! I also manage to sell a couple of hundred knives a year.... So I retire every chance I get to my lake house at P.K.

Comment

Might consider driving a school bus. The good - you can get health insurance through the school system. The bad - your schedule is not very flexible for nine months of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X