Idiot hunter conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    He should have grabbed a 2"x3' club, and filmed it.
    That's only suitable for possum sized critters.

Comment

lol San Augustine , where most people have more tattoos than teeth ....

Comment

I do have a pic somewhere of a horse tied off to one of the cart returns at BB's.

Comment

I call BS, everyone knows real hunters stop by Wataburger

Comment

Thanks for all the entertainment!

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
              Take away his man card or a least give him a citation.

I've had to slit a few throats and would never use a stick to get it done.
              I spent 8hrs on the last day of season crawling on my hands and knees tracking a spike. My arrow had hit a small limb and basically just split his belly open. I was tracking with half digested corn and acorns. When I caught up to him he was standing with everything hanging out. I was tired, ****** and ready to go home. I grabbed a cedar limb, whacked that sucker in the head and started cuttin. I didn't like it any better than anyone else would.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Who the hell goes into a McDonalds anymore?
                The McRib is back....

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                  My conclusion so far, is that most people are full of crap!
                  Agreed - unless they're gutting the deer at Walmart

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                    You can't win buddy....... been there done this. too many experts and smart @sses on here. You're out numbered.
                    Yep, sorry OP it's dog pile Wednesday. Although we are all hunters, some people can grasp the concept that there are some jack wagons out there.

Comment

Maybe he was hunting alone and really didn't have much experience tracking a deer, and maybe hoping you'd ask if he needed help tracking.
                      If he turned you down then you'd know he was just a braggart. If he accepted I'd be worried about that pistol and the banjo music.

Comment

Originally posted by Firecuss View Post
                        Russ, your threads sure back up the East Texas theory.

I always wonder why old threads get dug up. Most of the time they actually have a good story/information so there's that. I'll ask, what the hell were you searching for that you found this after two weeks? McDonalds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been in the hospital for the last three weeks and have had no TBH.......surfing and catching up.
                          Is two week to long to comment on a post? I did not know that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                            Agreed - unless they're gutting the deer at Walmart
                            lol, there weren't any police officers at McD's right

Comment

Well, I always listen to the story to try and decide if it is someone who is just BSing or someone who might really need help or just not know.

First if he was in the rifle blind and the deer fell but was still alive, he should probably be able to see that and perhaps take another shot. Maybe not if the grass is tall for the deer moved off a little at the shot.

It sounded like the pistol shots were point blank, but he really didn't say that. Most guys just aren't that good with a handgun, so I would guess if the story is "true" that he didn't actually hit the deer three more times.

I would have asked him how long he waited after the first shot, how far were the pistol shots, did he have a blood trail, and did he need help looking (assuming I could spare some time).

I do think there are more holes in the story than the deer.

Lastly, I probably would have said something like, I don't really like talking about my screw ups and wounded deer that got away in places like this, some people get the wrong impression. While it's not my job to fix other people, I feel like if the guy might be very inexperienced and if nobody says anything, how is he going to learn.

Comment

I have seen a lot of deer shot with Core-Lok and someone have to shoot in one or two more times just to kill it.
                                Those folks shouldn't be shooting deer then because that bullet is a killer.

Comment

Working...
                                X