Question about lease managers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
    Your job is to keep the land owner happy and uninvolved..
    ^^^^^ this..
    set resonable goals, here is a copy of our lease rules, and read before laughing. all of them are there for a reason, and everyone, I have heard horror stories of NOT being in place... as follows:

1... No loaded guns in camp. No guns handled period. Put them in your gun rack in the vehicle or in a case. please be observant of others NO zeroing of guns after 9/1 on property..no exceptions.. if your gun is off, please go to a range, the lease is not a rifle range... Period. Bows are welcome to be shot safely in camp..
    2... No drinking and hunting. Zero tolerence, if you drink on a day, you will NOT hunt the rest of the day.. if you are seen w/ an open container or bottle, you WILL leave immediatly. 2nd time, you will be asked to leave and lease terminated w/ no refund..
    3... No women in camp (other than family). We considered ourselves a family group and don't want any wives to question what goes on weekends at the hunting camp.(Violation... Immediate Expulsion and no refunds..)
    4... No guest unless you contact lease manager, and all parties agree, and it WILL come off your tag if they pull the trigger.. and it has to be immediatly family, I.E. kids or grandchildren only.
    5... There will be a couple work days where we help each other out. tba.. I have cleaned up trash bag after trashbag, and dont want to have to do it again... Thanks..
    6... No drugs in camp(Immediate expulsion) and lease termination w/ no refunds..
    7... Being arrested for game violations may be cause for expulsion, no refunds, and 10 days to remove all said stands and equipment..
    8... Obey all game laws
    9... Buck Kill as follows:
    1 trophy. minimun of 5 y/o deer. no exceptions. if you kill a under minimum rack, you will be expected to contact game warden, and report said kill.. I am to be notified immediatly
    1 cull... no spikes under 3 y/o.
    1 doe...
    remember, if we kill all of the deer on the land, we will have none to hunt. protect your herd...
    10... Please let all know your there, I want no accidents..any accidents MUST be reported to me immediatly, and contact EMS if needed. Do Not let something happen and me have to ask... warning or termination if you do so.. depending on degree of accident. I placed this in the rules because I care and have seen what happens when a lone hunter gets hurt and is helpless for more than 24 hours.. I will be also expected to inform Landowner..
    11... We have monthly Electric, and it must remain current, if you are behind on any dues, you will not be allowed to hunt till you are back current... Spencer Johnson, as long as he is on lease will answer to Mrs Boydston on Electric, if you are behind, he will notify me of such.. Lease fees are due on 4/1/ and 9/1 each year..
    12... No walking in the lease during the season before 11AM or after 2 PM... Exception is tracking a wounded animal, and I will need to know if this happens immediatly..if a animal makes it across a border fence call me and let me know which fence, it will determine following actions, if we can go there or have landowner contact neighbor w/ permission to cross to retreive the animal downed.. Any member caught driving on the lease around another member’s deer stand, feeder or stand area without permission during deer season is subject to an immediate suspension 1st time and 2nd time asked to leave w/ no Refunds..roaming and joy riding will not tolerated.
    13... Children under 18 are allowed to hunt on members slot only..
    14... Any greivence are to be brought to me. We will sit down face to face and work it out or go seperate ways w/ said agreement before leaving table of discussion..
    15... Front gate is to be kept locked, we have a lot of money on this land. lets do our best to keep it.
    16... Members who decide on their own to quit or leave the lease permanently for any reasonwill not receive a refund of monies/ fees they paid at any time or for any reason and must move their property off the lease in 10 days. If not removed in 10-days a storage fee of $10.00 a day per item will be required, all property left on the lease will become property of the lease after 45 days. The storage fee begins the day you decide to leave. A Staff must be present to get your property off the lease. No Exceptions..

Hope this helps...

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
      Why don't you two just pick up the phone and talk to each other?

Sounds like everyone is guilty. Hash it out and move forward.
      I am pretty sure myself and one other will be getting off this lease at the end of the season, or before if $$$$$ can be refunded.

Or an apology surfaces

Comment

Originally posted by Ksbowhunter View Post
        I'm the lease manager and I'm the only member. What I say goes, and if I don't like it, I change it.
        My land owner is the lease manager i guess and there is only 3 hunters
        His rules are simple......dont tear up my roads
        Have fun

Comment

Originally posted by Firecuss View Post
          I am pretty sure myself and one other will be getting off this lease at the end of the season, or before if $$$$$ can be refunded.

Or an apology surfaces

Good luck

Comment

Last edited by Firecuss; 10-12-2016, 06:30 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

I lol...I read it. I would blow my nose on those rules before saying adios. Been there 13 years and ownership is happy with us.

Reminds me I need to bring my beer with the crony to do some load testing at the lease this weekend. Along with my sidearm where ever I go & several guests who may want to come. They can carry too.

Might even go for an early morning or afternoon walk too.

Maybe the wife can bring a girlfriend & their underage kids to hunt just to add icing to the lease breaking rules cake.

Reasonable to some are totally unacceptable to others...there is no one set of rules to fit all leases. To me, most of them are deal breakers. I wouldn't have gotten passed the first one. Our south gate is 5 miles from the border. Telling me I cannot be armed at camp is stupid!! Telling me I cannot have a beer when I'm hunting is stupid. Glad it works for you but man you gotta a nazi list of absurdity for what I want on a hunting lease.

No nature walks?? Our camp pasture is 400 acres alone with no blinds & people at camp who are not hunting do this all the time.

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
              ^^^^^ this..
              set resonable goals, here is a copy of our lease rules, and read before laughing. all of them are there for a reason, and everyone, I have heard horror stories of NOT being in place... as follows:

1... No loaded guns in camp. No guns handled period. Put them in your gun rack in the vehicle or in a case. please be observant of others NO zeroing of guns after 9/1 on property..no exceptions.. if your gun is off, please go to a range, the lease is not a rifle range... Period. Bows are welcome to be shot safely in camp..
              2... No drinking and hunting. Zero tolerence, if you drink on a day, you will NOT hunt the rest of the day.. if you are seen w/ an open container or bottle, you WILL leave immediatly. 2nd time, you will be asked to leave and lease terminated w/ no refund..
              3... No women in camp (other than family). We considered ourselves a family group and don't want any wives to question what goes on weekends at the hunting camp.(Violation... Immediate Expulsion and no refunds..)
              4... No guest unless you contact lease manager, and all parties agree, and it WILL come off your tag if they pull the trigger.. and it has to be immediatly family, I.E. kids or grandchildren only.
              5... There will be a couple work days where we help each other out. tba.. I have cleaned up trash bag after trashbag, and dont want to have to do it again... Thanks..
              6... No drugs in camp(Immediate expulsion) and lease termination w/ no refunds..
              7... Being arrested for game violations may be cause for expulsion, no refunds, and 10 days to remove all said stands and equipment..
              8... Obey all game laws
              9... Buck Kill as follows:
              1 trophy. minimun of 5 y/o deer. no exceptions. if you kill a under minimum rack, you will be expected to contact game warden, and report said kill.. I am to be notified immediatly
              1 cull... no spikes under 3 y/o.
              1 doe...
              remember, if we kill all of the deer on the land, we will have none to hunt. protect your herd...
              10... Please let all know your there, I want no accidents..any accidents MUST be reported to me immediatly, and contact EMS if needed. Do Not let something happen and me have to ask... warning or termination if you do so.. depending on degree of accident. I placed this in the rules because I care and have seen what happens when a lone hunter gets hurt and is helpless for more than 24 hours.. I will be also expected to inform Landowner..
              11... We have monthly Electric, and it must remain current, if you are behind on any dues, you will not be allowed to hunt till you are back current... Spencer Johnson, as long as he is on lease will answer to Mrs Boydston on Electric, if you are behind, he will notify me of such.. Lease fees are due on 4/1/ and 9/1 each year..
              12... No walking in the lease during the season before 11AM or after 2 PM... Exception is tracking a wounded animal, and I will need to know if this happens immediatly..if a animal makes it across a border fence call me and let me know which fence, it will determine following actions, if we can go there or have landowner contact neighbor w/ permission to cross to retreive the animal downed.. Any member caught driving on the lease around another member’s deer stand, feeder or stand area without permission during deer season is subject to an immediate suspension 1st time and 2nd time asked to leave w/ no Refunds..roaming and joy riding will not tolerated.
              13... Children under 18 are allowed to hunt on members slot only..
              14... Any greivence are to be brought to me. We will sit down face to face and work it out or go seperate ways w/ said agreement before leaving table of discussion..
              15... Front gate is to be kept locked, we have a lot of money on this land. lets do our best to keep it.
              16... Members who decide on their own to quit or leave the lease permanently for any reasonwill not receive a refund of monies/ fees they paid at any time or for any reason and must move their property off the lease in 10 days. If not removed in 10-days a storage fee of $10.00 a day per item will be required, all property left on the lease will become property of the lease after 45 days. The storage fee begins the day you decide to leave. A Staff must be present to get your property off the lease. No Exceptions..

Hope this helps...

Comment

All of these posts make me so glad it's just me and another guy at our places. Lots of high school drama at too many leases.

Comment

This is why I find smaller places so it's only me and my dad on the place.

Comment

I was on a lease where the lease manager was non-existent -- lease drama took over.

I was on a lease where the lease manager and his friends had their rules to follow. And everyone else had other rules -- didn't work out -- but mainly cause only a few spots even was good hunting.

I was on a lease where I think the lease manager was bipolar... or at least definately mental. Kept track of one guy from his facebook posts and then claimed a buck his buddy had shot came off our lease. He was by far the most bizarre lease manager.

In the end. The lease manager should be the group leader. Follow same rules. Should ask for help when needed. Shouldn't think he is a different cast.

Hunting should be enjoyable for everyone. Sure miss the good ole days.

Comment

Didn't see that coming at all!

Good thread

Comment

OK, apparently we are going to mix what was posted on here with a private email sent to a lease member. I am not going to not drop into the gutter and excalate this issue on here. I will say that the one member first said that he would get off this weekend if he could get his money back. I agreed and said it would be there but then his mind was changed- he would rather stay on and get off at the end of the year. I can make the money available for as many members that want to get off. That's all I am going to say about this and will close this thread, if I can figure out how. I began this thread really wanting to see if what I do as a lease manager was any different than what others are doing or expecting to see to try to grow my knowledge and experience. I apologize to the members of this great site for what it became.

Comment

No apologies needed!

Good thread

Comment

No apologies needed.

The key is communication for all parties and the rules are the rules, for everyone, lease manager and lease owner. I say both manger and lease owner as I have seen a trend here in SE Texas of out of town guys getting a lease and then letting a couple of managers run them locally. It breeds lots of confusion.

Also, those two lists of lease rules are probably why I am not on a lease. Some are absurd but I am sure each manager has their reasonings.

I have a coworker that just got off a big lease in Buna and it was rules overload. The main gate is 80 yards from his driveway. It was a perfect deal but the rules killed it, plus the managers not following the rules, the lease owner not following the rules and oblivious to what was taking place. Come to find out there were lots of people hunting without paying dues, it was a mess but they had a great list of stringent rules.

Comment

Whew boy. Thank you Jesus for the lease Im on.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                I've been managing a lease in East Texas since 1989. It's a thankless job, but a labor of love. As the lease manager only I deal with the landowner. I have rules that everyone is expected to follow. Every once in a while I am forced to remove someone from my lease, but it's only after they have been given every opportunity to do the right thing. Hunting leases are meant to be a place to go and get away from the drama and stress of life. For some reason there are folks that just don't understand that concept.
                                I agree with this 100 percent!
                                All you can do is grow from each experience and think about all the good hunters that bring so much to the table. Never stop learning and growing.

Comment

Working...
                                X