Aransas Refuge, the scouting:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aransas Refuge, the scouting:

I have been officially certified into the I.B.E.C. (International Bowhunter Education Program).

What a great way to begin my hunting adventures, I met some very talented and experience people while taking the class. I was like a sponge ready to absorb everything that was said that weekend. We had 3 instructors for the class, Chris, Danny and JJ. They did an outstanding job in relating and passing information to us in a well planned and taught class. This class should be a requirement to first time bow hunters at the refuge. Any way, I especially liked the pass hunting stories about the Refuge. I heard some stories that added fuel to the anticipating fire of bow hunting. LET THE ADVENTURES BEGIN!!!!!!!

the un-invited guest were trying to gang up on me,

The rest of the pictures give everyone an idea of the kind of area we deal with, mostly brush. Why are we putting ourselves through this torture and why do we fight the rough terrain? The last picture is why.
    Attached Files

Hey I took that class also. This is Jake W. I was one of the guys who work at a bow shop. I also had a good time and thought it was a good class

Comment

Het guys. Trophy7 and I finally got there around 12:30 Saturday. We came in the class a little after ya'lls lunch break. Maybe we can meet ya'll formally after next weekend. Hope ya'll had a good time in the class . It's well worth the time put into it.

Comment

I had a good time in the class and also enjoyed the chance to get out and do some scouting. I ended up putting a lot of miles on my jeep searching out some spots. I also would like to thank frank for helping me pack my stand in.

Comment

Refuge

At one time or another we all crossed pass from each other, or we talked to each other not knowing who is who.

Since we will all be at the same area with the same intensions (harvesting a deer), I might as well introduce myself.

Here’s my face associated with the AKA of knarfdls , I'm practicing and sharpening the skills needed for this occasion.

Frank, AKA knarfdls
          Attached Files

Comment

Good to put face with name. Thanks

Comment

This is a pic of me and my oldest, and one of me and my youngest.

Comment

It was nice meeting both of you.
                Here is a couple of me and one of my buddy JW who also took the class with me.

Last edited by Rabidbowhunter; 09-24-2008, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Hey I was wondering if anyone else that was scouting had a problem with ticks while you were there. We got into them bad.

Comment

They are part of the adventure at the refuge along with the skeeters. Just tuck everything inside something and wear a tight belt. Some repellents repel the ticks. Hope ya"ll found some good locations. See ya next weekend we will be at hoppers up on the hill just look for my whire ford truck with BowAddict on the tailgate.

Comment

Hey rabid I didnt have a problem with ticks, and I believe the reason was because of a product known as REPEL permanone, which Danny had mentioned to me on the phone when I called about the IBEP class. I actually only had to spray my hands and my head and face with skeeter repellant. The permanone seemed to keep the skeeters at bay and the only tick I got was on sunday morning when we were standing out side waitin on the class to start and I was wearing shorts.

Comment

Thats what I thought.
                        Thanks Kd I was talking to someone down there and they said something about it but couldnt remember what it was called. I will go check that stuff out. So did everyone find a good spot.

Comment

I found a good spot or 2 or 3. Now if the deer and hogs will just think its a good spot and use the area it will become a great spot. I'm just looking for my boy to make a harvest he's hunting my best location. See Ya'll Soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X