DIY Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Advice needed

I have a 8'x13' camper at the deer lease. I want to put a simple wood and tin roof over it to prevent fighting roof leaks.

The ground is very rocky and cant really set posts.

Is there any way to fasten it to the trailer itself?

Thanks for the tips

maybe tie some runners from 1 side to the other from post to post at bottom and top?

Comment

Set posts in 5 gallon buckets filled with concrete. Then try and anchor the buckets so the wind doesn't lift them. Can you drive t-posts?

Comment

is there any way to weld some extensions onto the trailer frame and bolt the posts on to that?

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
          is there any way to weld some extensions onto the trailer frame and bolt the posts on to that?
          You may be onto something there.

Comment

Originally posted by pblaetz View Post
            Set posts in 5 gallon buckets filled with concrete. Then try and anchor the buckets so the wind doesn't lift them. Can you drive t-posts?

Not without drilling them in

Comment

I have a strictly lease camper I put a roof on.
              I ran a 2x4 laid flat the length of the roof ( center )
              then 2x4s again laid flat from the sides and on top of the center 2x4.
              few pieces of osb decking and a couple bundles of shingles.
              works like a dream. I screwed the 2x4s down to the roof because I knew I was never going to move it. And even if you move it jst drive a little slower
              Last edited by flywise; 09-28-2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

kinda like this.
                You could likely find used metal roofing cheap on cl as well
                Attached Files

Comment

jus screw sheet metal to the top of it. should work the same as screwing it to lathe or osb.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                    jus screw sheet metal to the top of it. should work the same as screwing it to lathe or osb.
                    This with some self tapping screws and a bunch of silicone. Done

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                      This with some self tapping screws and a bunch of silicone. Done
                      I would just buy the self tapping screws with the rubber grommets on them and then buy some 24 or 36 inch roll flashing and bend over the ridge and call it done.

Comment

id just paint heavy coats of trailer roof paint on top, It will last for years. 5 gallons bucket is less than 100 bucks and I just roll on thick!

Comment

Originally posted by Grillndeer View Post
                          id just paint heavy coats of trailer roof paint on top, It will last for years. 5 gallons bucket is less than 100 bucks and I just roll on thick!

X2

Comment

I think the buckets with concrete is the best option. may look into 55 gallon drums of 35 gallon. modify it to catch water and use it for the deer

Comment

I need my 30

Comment

Working...
                              X