New Mathews Chill X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mathews Chill X

Should be out soon. I was about to leave Mathews for Hoyt for 3D, but this bow might keep me around. We'll see soon I suppose.

I may get my fiancé the sdx...

Comment

I'll probably buy one. Specs look good.

Comment

Maybe I missed it but I did not find the specs. on the Mathews website. What are the specs?

Comment

Mathews continues to come out with nothing. They just tweak an old model, add an X and call it a new bow. Chill, chill x, Z7 , Z7 extreme, z7 tactical, z7 magnum, come on. Come out with a new bow already. Oh we'll! I shoot bowtech

Comment

I'm not a fan of the mathews models of the past few years, but I personally think that the Chill-X is a step in the right direction.

I think that the success of bows like the Elite Energy 35 had to be one of the driving forces for this model.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter45 View Post
              Mathews continues to come out with nothing. They just tweak an old model, add an X and call it a new bow. Chill, chill x, Z7 , Z7 extreme, z7 tactical, z7 magnum, come on. Come out with a new bow already. Oh we'll! I shoot bowtech

Well at least Bowtech got past the exploding point , maybe next they will hit the speeds they are named after. That makes as much sense as the above.

The reality is there isn't a ton of "technology" upgrades to modern compound bows. Hoyts basic design hasn't changed in a decade. Split limbs, cutaway risers, cam and a half system. Fact is most bow manufacturers have 2 or 3 cams, couple different limbs and couple different risers. They mix and match those components and give them different names.

IMHO the real advancements are in individual component improvements. More efficient cams, more advanced limbs, lighter and stronger risers. Great product development companies are usually great at iterative improvements. Radical changes and constant "all new" is usually indicative of more problems than improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
                Maybe I missed it but I did not find the specs. on the Mathews website. What are the specs?

What I've heard is 35" ATA, 7" BH, the Chill cam system with new draw mods named Rock mods that have a more solid back walls and come in a 75% let off. Don't know if it's same limbs on a longer riser or whole new configuration. IBO speeds are supposed to be wicked.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                  What I've heard is 35" ATA, 7" BH, the Chill cam system with new draw mods named Rock mods that have a more solid back walls and come in a 75% let off. Don't know if it's same limbs on a longer riser or whole new configuration. IBO speeds are supposed to be wicked.
                  I think the option of a 75% or 85% let-off with more speed out of the 75%! Looks like great specs.The Chill R shoots awesome! Definitely better than any Bowtech I've ever shot so if the Chill X shoots even better than all I'll be able to say is WOW!

Comment

ill say this in the nicest way possible. Those are words of someone who doesn't shoot various types of bows enough to see that even minute changes can make a big difference. And im a hoyt guy.

But yall will truly love the new rock mods....I promise.

Comment

The Chill X, while the same name, is a different beast.

Comment

Man, there are a lot of other things you could say about the best selling bow company in the world, except that. I shoot a chill because it's my favorite bow out there, but I am far from a fanboy. I don't like any other mathews bow out AT ALL. But, every slight change made is significant, and mathews has found a niche and is outselling it's competitors by cranking out small but significant improvements every year. I'll never be a solocam shooter, but mathews found a way to make really nice dual cam bows. They are far from a one trick pony, and just because the names don't change doesn't mean things don't get better.

Comment

Where can ya see this thing, chill x ? I cant find it any were.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                            X2

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post

You need a secret decoder ring.

Comment

Working...
                              X