Legal advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal advise

A few weeks ago my wife gets a notice on our door that we must get our dog registered with the city and have 10 days to do so. I told her to Handel it and of course she never thought about it again. 2 weeks later we get a notice on our door that says a court date has been set for my wife nov 20 at 9am and failure to appear will result in a warrant for her arrest. So she went to the court to pay the dog register fee (5$) and they said you can register him but you still have to appear in court on your set date. My wife asked how much this was going to cost us and the clerk said they usually max out this fine and we are looking at $1200!!! I couldn’t believe it. So now I’m trying to figure out what I need to do to get out of this. It is absolutely rediculous! I know guys that have DUI s and paid less! I think I need to stop this before the court day any thoughts or suggestions?!?

at this point it would cost as much for a lawyer to get you out of it.

Comment

Legal advise

Where in the world do you live and what kind of dog.

I would call a local lawyer and at least ask advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang..... what city???? I need to know so I never move there. That is a crock of ****.

Comment

Can we say Govt overreach? It isnt any of their **** business if you have a dog or not on your property.

Comment

What kind of dog is it?

Comment

I'd move if it cost 10 times as much

Comment

Not sure where OP is, but I know Houston makes you get a “dog license.” You have to renew (and repay) every few years. I wonder what percent of dog owners actually have that.

I’m curious why authorities just decided to look into your situation and charge your wife. Did your dog get out and make a neighbor mad or anything?

Comment

If I got arrested for that I'd be sure to lie about my offense to the other guys in holding.

Comment

Man, that seems ridiculous. What city is this? Sounds like they are using city ordinances to make money. Small town?

Comment

Your dog must be a registered sex offender. This town puts the dic in ridiculous

Comment

I thought your dog ran away months ago?

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                          Man, that seems ridiculous. What city is this? Sounds like they are using city ordinances to make money. Small town?
                          Sure they are. It's what municipalities do.

Comment

Selma to right outside San Antonio. Yea it’s a complete scam to make money. I am afraid if I go in there and say what I actually think I will end up in jail! At least that would cost them money. I seriously that it was a joke for the first few days. I’ll keep y’all posted on what becomes of it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              I thought your dog ran away months ago?

Haha now that I think about it .. youre right. He ran away a long time ago!! Maybe they will buy it

Comment

Working...
                              X