Nerve Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nerve Pain

I'm extremely curious if any of you have nerve pain. My wife has suffered with it since the end of April. She has had back pain for several years do to a crushed disk. The original injury was manageable, but the nerve pain is unbearable. It will radiate up , and down the spine then move into the rib cage. Sometimes it will move into the left arm, leg, neck, and her head. So far nothing has truly helped relieve the pain. We have consulted with two
    surgeons, and they both said there wasn't anything they could do. So today we go back to the pain management DR looking for a miracle pill. We have used this doctor for the last three years for the original injury. But so far they haven't been able to help with this new issue. So now to my question. If you have had nerve pain, how did you have it treated ? How did you overcome the pain ?

My wife had a bout with sciatica and the Dr put her on lyrica . . The pain did subside . . After 3 yrs she no longer needed it . . Good luck . .

Comment

I do. I have had 3 back surgeries and have now been diagnosed with chronic (permanent) nerve damage. I have also had 2 surgeries removing tumors and lymph nodes in my left leg and they think they cut some nerves. That happens to be the leg affected with nerve pain so now not only is it down the back of my leg it is from my groin to my knee also. I see a pain management doctor but epidurals and nerve blocks have never worked. They treat it with pain medicine but it is not very effective. They keep changing it trying to find something that works. It doesn't help I hate taking it, so I probably don't take it like I should.

Good luck to your wife, I pray she finds some relief. Because living with elevated pain levels 24/7 for over year really starts to wear on you mentally.

Comment

I have had 3 rounds of steroid injections in my spine. Wish i could say if fixed it. It helped but not 100%.
        This is from a herniated disk.

Comment

I have used a vitamin that comes from EBM medical called EB3

If she wants to try it let me know. Send me her name number and address and I’ll send a rd over for her. It is cash pay because insurance calls vitamins a medical food. It helps 50% of the people who are having the oain

Comment

I would highly suggest trying CBD oil. But not the over the counter stuff Bc most of it is filler. My brother has arthritis in his lower back that he developed after being in the marines and he builds custom cars for a living doing metal work so he’s always bent over and lifting things. Until he tried cbd oil, nothing really helped. Since he’s been on it, he said things have changed drastically. His back doesn’t bother him, he actually sleeps at night which he hasn’t done well in 15 years, he has energy all day, and he doesn’t feel groggy and drained when he wakes up.

I know several other people that have very similar stories. I honestly think it’s worth a try. Takes a few days for it to get in your system and after a week, people see a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We finished 5 rounds of steroid injections at the end of September. Three weeks on the lower back, two weeks on the upper. The lower injections helped a little, but no great relief. Nothing has helped the upper, and the pain from there is what goes into the rib cage. Has anyone tried acupuncture, did it help ? I had her in the emergency room Monday, one of the RN's recommended it. Claimed it worked for her.

Comment

I tired it between surgeries #2 & 3 when I was still living in PA. It did not help me, but I have heard a lot of stories where it did help. I would say it's worth a try for her.

Comment

I've got something affecting my 5th cranial nerve right now. I've been dealing with the pain for 6 months. It's getting worse and worse. It goes from a normal ache or pain to f'in insanity as far as the intensity. Comes on and goes away for no reason. Regular pain drugs cant stop it, they are useless. Night before last it went all night until 5am. Then stopped. It doesnt look like the back nerves and head/facial nerves are the same. I dont see where cyber or gamma knife is used on the back.

We are gonna try a longshot on mine this week. We dont know what is causing my nerves to be affected.

I'll say a prayer for your wife. The pain caused by nerve issues is unreal.

Comment

My wife takes Lyrica for nerve pain due to a disc in her back. The pain radiates down her legs. It makes a big difference according to her.

Comment

I had fractured a few lumbar vertebrae about 11 years ago. I had pain radiating down my leg, numbness, aches for years. I used a variety of medicine none of would make it go away. Chiropractic seemed to relieve it temporarily. What worked the best for me, in my case is exercise. I weight lift with cardio on a bike. Pain now is almost non existent, but it’s been a long road of finding what worked for me. Feeling the pain while working out helped me limit my lifts had been key as well as feedback from my physician about my exercise routine.

By no means I’m saying this is an end all to nerve pain. For me I think the muscles were weak do to a lack of exercise and the nerve pain told me to quit. I hope your wife feels better in, prayers sent!

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                        I would highly suggest trying CBD oil. But not the over the counter stuff Bc most of it is filler. My brother has arthritis in his lower back that he developed after being in the marines and he builds custom cars for a living doing metal work so he’s always bent over and lifting things. Until he tried cbd oil, nothing really helped. Since he’s been on it, he said things have changed drastically. His back doesn’t bother him, he actually sleeps at night which he hasn’t done well in 15 years, he has energy all day, and he doesn’t feel groggy and drained when he wakes up.

I know several other people that have very similar stories. I honestly think it’s worth a try. Takes a few days for it to get in your system and after a week, people see a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I ask if not over the counter were does he get it from. I have heard good things about this.

Comment

I've tried all sorts of methods (chiropractors, gadgets, oils) the only thing that seems to work for me is getting frequent deep tissue massages and the occasion steroid injection when it gets real bad. Good luck!

Comment

Talk to your Dr. about Marinol.

Comment

Home from the DR this afternoon. They put her on oral steroids, and changed her daily medication to Lyrica. I have my fingers crossed. You're prayers are greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X