Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt Videos

Hello everyone!
    Not sure if anyone would even be interested in this, but I have buddy that is in the graphics art field (photography, video, ect). He's an extremly talented guy at what he does, his videos are of profesional quality and his photographs are head and shoulders above the rest. I wanted to get some feedback from you guys before we attempted this venture, but I too him hunting with me last year and he got HOOKED.Not so much in the actual huting aspect but more so in the social and nature aspect. I took him on a couple hunts with me and put another stand in the tree for him because he wanted to film. Needless to say I was blown away by th quality and time he put into the finished product of some of these videos. My question is, he is thinking about taking this elsewhere rather than just our ranch and wante to get feedback from other hunters if you guys would even be interested in having a service where your hunt is filmed and edited where you now have a DVD and pictures of your big hunt.
    I know Im not alone when I say there were times when I killed the nice buck and wish I had brought a camera with me or had someone filiming the whole thing...something to bring back to your buddies and family. Our goal is to have that, a profesional, low cost, high qaility and of course (QUIET) cameraman come with you on those big hunts and captur every minute. I wish I had a video from last year to show you guys becuase you wouldnt hesitate one minute.
    I would really appreciate any and all feedback from you guys. Please, Admins, brothers, all, this is not an advertisment, I am attemtping to only gain feedback from this post...NOT business. Myself and my two buddies who are also fellow members of TBH appreciate and respect the feedback that we have gained from all of you, that is why we are turning to you. I hope you all are having an amazing off season and THANK YOU in advance!

hmmm....what are you asking? Im not tracking with ya

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
      hmmm....what are you asking? Im not tracking with ya
      Sorry to be broad. Mainly, is it something anyone would even be interested in doing. Having someone in the stand, with the camera capturing every minute of the hunt....the prep, the time in the stand, the kill, the tracking ect ect.
      My goal in not to advertie, but to get positive and negative feedack. Is it a stupid idea for a side business? Is it something that either you or your buddies would be intersted in?

Comment

A lot of us video our hunts ourselves. We get a higher hunting experience by doing so. Go to the video forum and see for yourself.

Comment

I definitely think there are people that would pay to have their hunts filmed. You should have him have a portfolio of films ready to show his work, maybe his own YouTube channel to make it easily accessible for others to see. To find the hunters he could cold call outfitters at ranches that deal with higher end clients that may want a personal video of their hunt. He could try and find several ranches that would use him as a subcontractor for their videos. Just some thoughts.

Comment

Working...
          X