Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bow Season for me...Help

Hello everyone!
    This is my first post on here, I love this site and forum. I really like how everyone is more than happy to help one another. This is why Im here. This is my first year Bow hunting, Ive spent all my life rifle hunting and I am very anxious about my exciting new adventure, but I need some advice. Im having trouble deciding on which to use....broad heads or mechanicals? What do you guys think is more effective?

Also, what is ya'lls preferred brand of lighted nocks? Any help would be more than appreciated! Thank you guys!

Its all preference. Youre going to get a 1000 different answers. Here's mine. Slick Tricks and Nocturnals. It's all what you're comfortable with. Good Luck

Comment

Go with the best of both worlds. NAP Bloodrunner. If it opens you get a huge hole if it doesn't open you still get the same cut as a fixed blade. Nothing to fail except shooter error. Lol.

Nocturnals for me also.

Comment

I use Thunderhead 100 and now a few Mangus Stinger 100. I have "0" experience with mechanicals so I have no opinion on those. Seems some love them and others, well they are not so fond of them.
        I have a couple of lighted knocks but I have never hunted with them.

Welcome and please ask the GS what is the best arrow, or best bow, etc. if you want to hear something interesting. This is a great site.

Comment

you need to get the rage mechanical with the YETI sticker on the side and be sure to cure the arrow in the smoke from a smoke stack on a ram 3500.

you will never see a deer without going through this process. trust me, I know.

Welcome to the GS brother!

Comment

I shoot both Slick Tricks Mag 100, and the Grim Reaper.
            Just depends on the situation or my mood.

Comment

What are you shooting give us the low down on what weight, draw length....etc

Comment

My bow is a Matthews Outback with a 30 inch draw length and a 72lb pull. Gold tip Arrows cut to 31 1/2 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by art745 View Post
                  What are you shooting give us the low down on what weight, draw length....etc
                  My bow is a Matthews Outback with a 30 inch draw length and a 72lb pull. Gold tip Arrows cut to 31 1/2 inches.

Comment

I guess one of my big questions with the Lighted nocks is the weight. Going from the nock that is original on the arrow to the lighted nock, how is that going to affect my my shot, travel and speed, if at all...

Comment

From what I have read. Open up your archery catalog on the Broadheads page throw a dart and get the one it hits. If you use the correct dart. Try different stuff I think they all work if shot is good.

Comment

Thank you guys for your input. Its all very much appreciated. I'm excited to get out there and see if something crosses my path!

Comment

Go with the nockturnals.... they seem to last the longest.

Comment

Nockturnals and rage

Comment

I am a muzzy faithfull , they will not fail you !!

Nocturnals for sure , [i use the green] they are super bright and can take multiple pass thrus ,

Comment

Working...
                              X