Boar stops arrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boar stops arrow!

Well it all came down to the last weekend of whitetail hunting, and this pig showed up the first sit. After the evening hunt was over I went to check my arrow and i got about 7 inches of penitration. My dad and I decided to wait till the last day too track the pig so we didn't disturb the area. Well as luck would have it my buck never showed. On the last day all the snow was melted and just had to grid search and never could find him. This is my first self filmed hunt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeL6i2qNc1s
    Last edited by BigBarn; 02-14-2016, 07:47 PM.

Try a quartering away shot next time you shoot a big boar. The cartilage plate that protects their vitals can buffer arrow penetration pretty severely, especially at a distances over 20 yards. I learned that the hard way myself.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaw15 View Post
      Try a quartering away shot next time you shoot a big boar. The cartilage plate that protects their vitals can buffer arrow penetration pretty severely, especially at a distances over 20 yards. I learned that the hard way myself.
      Yeah, at 58 lb. with a 425 gr ( more or less ) arrow, I wouldn't shoot a big one broadside. Quartering away though,

Comment

Those big boars are tough! Good job on the video. Hunting in the snow is cool!
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thank yall!

Comment

You killed that hog for sure just no blood to track it. Regardless of shot angle big boar usually don't leave much of a blood trail unless you get a low in and out wound channel.

Comment

Great job on video! Them big boars are tough. Stay after'em!

Comment

Great job on the video!

Comment

Cool...

Comment

Working...
                  X