Is XBox Call of Duty too much for 11 year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is XBox Call of Duty too much for 11 year old

My 11 year old son boy is wanting the Xbox game Call of Duty for Christmas and I told the wife I think its rated M and is not for him but I don't play on the Xbox or call of duty I just know what I think is in it.

He's trying to tell my its like Star Wars and I am like no dude that's not what it is. But several of his friends have it.

Thanks for any feedback.

Ranchdog

I think it's ok

Comment

It's fine. I was playing Mortal Combat,ripping people apart and picking up hookers on Grand Theft Auto when I was his age. I turned out .......oh......pretty good I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        It's fine. I was playing Mortal Combat,ripping people apart and picking up hookers on Grand Theft Auto when I was his age. I turned out .......oh......pretty good I guess.
        Exactly what I was going to say.

Comment

Nope. He has his whole life to consume mature content. Why rush it?

Comment

Just cause all his friends are doin it, don't make it right.
            Stick to your guns!

Comment

not at my house

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                not at my house
                X2

Comment

If he goes hunting, you shouldn't worry about blood and gore. If it is the language I'd say turn the volume down, and let him play.

Comment

Nope

Comment

I allow my 13 year old some of the T games but not the M games yet. I guess it depends on your parenting style.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        not at my house
                        I wish I had put my foot down when mine was 8 or 10 about video games and allowed none in the house. Mine quit hunting about 14 because he would rather sit in front of a computer. Nothing good about them IMO. Yes, I know some of you " grown " guys play them. That's your business , not mine.

Comment

Mines 14 and has been playing most of call of duty since then. It's a game and he knows it. Now and then we play together.

Online is a different story. He only plays with school kids

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                            My 11 year old son boy is wanting the Xbox game Call of Duty for Christmas and I told the wife I think its rated M and is not for him but I don't play on the Xbox or call of duty I just know what I think is in it.

He's trying to tell my its like Star Wars and I am like no dude that's not what it is. But several of his friends have it.

Thanks for any feedback.

Ranchdog
                            I'm a fireman and i work with some 20-30 y/o's that will play that game for nearly an entire 24 hr shift on a sat,or sunday. IMO its not even close to being appropriate for a kid

Comment

Hell no. Get him going. Then get him grand theft auto Vice addition. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X