No announcement yet.

Is XBox Call of Duty too much for 11 year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's fine, nothing he hasn't already heard at school. It's just an army game. Now if it was grand theft auto that's an entirely different story.

Comment

Well if youre asking...it must not be.

I wouldn't allow it

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
        Hell no. Get him going. Then get him grand theft auto Vice addition. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        That's a good one to!

Our kid plays dodge ball to

Comment

Has some language...guess it depends how strict you are...my nephew's are 11-13 and aren't allowed to play it at my house per their mom....sad thing is I never even noticed the language until they pointed it out while playing. I'm didn't think much about the shooting side of it but would let then play with sound off but also not my kids. If you have to restrict it though it's prob not meant for them yet

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            not at my house
            Agree. I never had that as a kid. My buddies did, but at Christmas and birthdays I always wanted tractors/trucks, and later it was guns and hunting stuff

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              It's fine. I was playing Mortal Combat,ripping people apart and picking up hookers on Grand Theft Auto when I was his age. I turned out .......oh......pretty good I guess.
              No way my 11 year old is playing Grand Theft Auto! Maybe it's different now then when you were that age, but I was shocked to hear the language on that game. The "P" word and dropping F bombs on a video game? I don't thing there's much cussing on Call of Duty though, just good old fashioned killing.

Comment

Blood and gore and the guys are gunna cuss a lot.

Comment

COD Black Ops 3 was a good game but it had some crazy trippy losing your mind stuff in it that wasn't appropriate in my opinion. Don't know if there's a newer one.

I let my 8 and 10yr old boys play Destiny and Halo. Those are more science fiction than killing people.

Titanfall 2 is completely awesome. Still has killing but half of it is robot vs robot. I'd be more comfortable with Titanfall 2 than COD.

You gotta decide for you. A lot of the games are geared for adults nowadays so it can be hard to find something that's appropriate for younger players.

Comment

Not at my house.

Comment

IMO it's fine for kiddos to play those types of games. My 10 year old has been playing GTA for at least a year now. I just make him turn down the volume. Video games don't corrupt young minds IMO! My kids have restrictions though. They play limited amount of time, always have to ask, no game system in their rooms, if they ever throw a fit over playing video games then their grounded from it for however long I decide. Some parents might not agree, but I don't care. I'll raise my kiddos and they can raise theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                        No way my 11 year old is playing Grand Theft Auto! Maybe it's different now then when you were that age, but I was shocked to hear the language on that game. The "P" word and dropping F bombs on a video game? I don't thing there's much cussing on Call of Duty though, just good old fashioned killing.
                        Yeah GTA is pretty violent and has foul language in it. Maybe not as bad then as it is now though. But In my opinion Call of Duty is mild compared to alot of games out there. The only time you'd ever really hear bad language is if you played online against other people. Even the violence in that game isn't horrible. Sure your goal is to shoot other people but it's not like they're blowing up and body parts going everywhere or anything like that. I remember playing Shellshock Nam '67 when I was a kid. That game was graphic. People went every which way when a grenade blew up or got shot in the head. In Call of Duty it's nothing like that at all.

Comment

Not at my house. I have 11 and 8 yr old boys. Somethings are out of my control as far as what they might hear or see. Movies they watch, games they play, and friends they spend time with are ALL things I can control. Coach

Comment

My 11 year old plays Call of Duty online all the time with his friends never a problem. I guess it depends on the kid, but mine knows it's just a game. I have seen him playing different games as of lately b/c I think he is getting bored with it now.

Comment

Me & my son, love playing COD

Comment

My 12 yr old plays. He gets straight A's and doesn't cuss. I didn't and don't play it and can't say the same. Guess we are doing something right as parents, even if he does play those dumb games.....

Comment

Working...
                                X