Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if they still make them, his are most likely the original heads. Heck, he still shoots aluminum arrows. ��

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Ha....IIRC my brother got a box of for Christmas and I used some of my lawnmowing money and bought one of his three. I think.....but that was a long time ago. I remember being too scared to shoot it for fear I would ruin it. I'm pretty sure I still have it in the attic.

[ATTACH]874823[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]874824[/ATTACH]
      That’s hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
        Don't know if they still make them, his are most likely the original heads. Heck, he still shoots aluminum arrows. ��
        Hahhaha....gotcha.. Those suckers must be resharpened almost down the ferrule after all these years.

Comment

3 blade muzzy in 2004. Still have pictures of the wound channel going through the heart.

Comment

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Rocky Mountain 100 gr.

In 1992. I was 9

A doe and javi in the same morning.

Comment

Yep. Shot a pig with a muzzy 4 blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My first "big game" bowkill was a javelina in 1998 when I was 11 and it was with a thunderhead 75 grain if I remember correctly. I killed my first deer with a bow the following year if I remember correctly and it was with a Muzzy 3 blade.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                  Rocky Mountain 100 gr.

In 1992. I was 9

A doe and javi in the same morning.

Nice.
                  That’s the Rocky Mountian Premier. I shot them for a while. Still got some of them and some unopened replacement blades.

Comment

In the mid 90's I walked into the old Trophy Archery in Fort Worth and told the guy behind the counter I wanted to start bow hunting - I had $350 in my pocket - "fix me up!". He sold me the lowest priced PSE on the rack, a dozen aluminum arrows and some Thunderheads. I decided to save money and shoot fingers instead of a release. I practiced daily for few months and killed a doe with that Thunderhead on my first sit. BTW the guy who waited on me that day was Mike Braden some of you know that name.
                    Last edited by jerp; 09-27-2017, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Bringing back a lot of memories reading these post.

Comment

I used a 125 grain G5 striker on a 120lb pig. It was in 06, I believe

Comment

Shockwave mechanical 100gr on a whitetail in Beeville about 22 years ago

Comment

The razorback 5 blade is exactly what I used. Was a Bear compound bow I bought out of the newspaper. Used the leather 3 finger glove straight off the string. Big ol fat Easton aluminum arrows. Was in 1984.

Comment

2 years and no connection yet. Hopefully it changes this weekend

Comment

100grain allen broadhead. The one with blue furrel. Hill country Doe field dressed at 76lbs on Dec 15 2003.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X