McMullen County Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sotx View Post
    Thought I'd start a thread for the best county in Texas (my opinion) Seems like there are a lot of guys and gals hunt this magnificent section of our great state.
    Our pasture is looking really well right now with good rains over the last 60 days and this weekend looks like more on the way. We were in a bad way from last summer through mid march. Dry dry conditions. Cowboys on the 48,000 acre ranch we hunt had to start feeding cows. Fist time in the 15 years that I have been there. They started getting a really old 2000 gallon pear burning truck ready and back in service, then the rains came finally.
    Our tanks are getting full and the vegetation is lush which is taking the pressure off our protein and cotton bill somewhat. The rains have also slowed down the destruction of feed pens by the hogs, which was getting out of control.
    I am eager to see how many bucks survived the post rut with as dry as it was.
    Hows your pastures looking? Lets keep this thread a rolling for our county.

You hunting Briscoe or Donnell Country?

Comment

Tagged

Comment

135 more days!!!

2018 buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Come on October!!

Comment

First question for the group, anywhere to buy seeds for food plots near Tilden? I know it is late but rains are coming. Deer for the summer and Dove for when the time comes to shred. I tried Joe's and Three Rivers Farm and Ranch - no luck.

By the way - Wow on the deer. I doubt we'll get any like that on my small low fence place but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
              First question for the group, anywhere to buy seeds for food plots near Tilden? I know it is late but rains are coming. Deer for the summer and Dove for when the time comes to shred. I tried Joe's and Three Rivers Farm and Ranch - no luck.

By the way - Wow on the deer. I doubt we'll get any like that on my small low fence place but you never know.
              If you are anywhere near the river there is just no telling what or how big a buck you’ll see.

Comment

We border the Frio, fingers crossed.

Comment

McMullen County Hunters Thread

I’m in. Last years 178” 9 year old buck! My family has been down there since 2004 and love it!

Comment

Good thing I went first!!!

Awesome bucks everyone! Cant wait to see what our deer are going to do this year.

Comment

Definitely one of the most underrated counties in the state.

Lots of places don’t enter contests and keep pics secret. Miss roaming around in that part of the state.

Comment

Here’s my 167” from last year! Looking forward to the hunt for another nice one this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m in. Hunted McMullen county for over 17 years now. This past August-February was brutal, it was the driest fall/winter I have ever seen down there. Finally getting some rain over past two months now and looking like a decent chance for more over the next 5-7 days. Bring it.
                          Last edited by Double-Drop; 05-21-2020, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                            135 more days!!!

2018 buck

Beast! Beautiful deer.

I’ll be watching this thread, love seeing those south Texas giants.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                              I’m in. Last years 178” 9 year old buck! My family has been down there since 2004 and love it!

Awesome deer! Those are some Midwest type bases.

Comment

We had a good opening weekend, low fence
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X