Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Generator suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generator suggestions

Need a more portable one than the 5500 watt I have now.

Looking a the Champion brand 3500/4500 watt at TSC. They are around $330. Anybody have one that can attest to their reliability or recommend another brand in the same price range.

My big one weighs about +300#...a tad much for me without a lifting devise.

I have a Champion and am a huge fan. Mine is a different style than what you are looking at, I have a camping/tailgating 3100W inverter generator. I can only say good things for Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      I have a Champion and am a huge fan. Mine is a different style than what you are looking at, I have a camping/tailgating 3100W inverter generator. I can only say good things for Champion.
      Educate me....What's an inverter generator?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Need a more portable one than the 5500 watt I have now.

Looking a the Champion brand 3500/4500 watt at TSC. They are around $330. Anybody have one that can attest to their reliability or recommend another brand in the same price range.

My big one weighs about +300#...a tad much for me without a lifting devise.
        I have one and love it! I got the one with the remote start.

Comment

Here is a good link that explains:

If you are new to the generator market, it can be pretty confusing to understand the incredible number of differences between generators. In this segment, we’ll explain the differences between portable generators, and give you […]

Comment

I have this same generator and it's been great. 2 years and starts on the first pull every time.

Comment

Its a multiphase system that converts the "raw" AC to DC then back to a steady "clean" AC. Its one of those quiet deals as well, much quieter than my buddies Honda and much cheaper. They are better suited for running sensitive electronics. Mine also has a eco mode where it only runs the engine as much as is needed for the amount of demand that is being put on it. So if I plug in just a cell phone it will barely make a noise v if I am using all 3000W. The champion doesn't have a fuel pump like the Honda though so if you are going to use an extended run tank you need to attach a fuel pump that the generator will help power. Then you can run it for days.

Comment

What are you using it for? I have 2 i2000eu Hondas that I couple for my RV when I run my AC. I can use just one for most everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  What are you using it for? I have 2 i2000eu Hondas that I couple for my RV when I run my AC. I can use just one for most everything else.
                  Just my RV......mainly the ac unit and water heater. We were supposed to have electricity ran by now....but dont seem like it will happen this year.

Comment

Just my RV......mainly the ac unit and water heater. We were supposed to have electricity ran by now....but dont seem like it will happen this year.
                    I would run my water heater on propane. Heats faster and keeps demand off of generator.

Comment

I have one if the Champions and it is by far one of the best generators I've owned. Cranks on the first pull every time for over 3 years now.

Comment

Cabela's has a 3500/4000 Champion on sale. I can get it shipped to my house for $303. Weighs 100#. Thats what I'm looking for!

I like the inverters, if I used one all the time that would be the way to go!

Comment

Mine is a Predator from Harbor Freight. Haven't had any trouble with it at all. Starts right up every time. They currently have a 2200 watt Inverter for $369.00 with coupon.

Comment

I was in the same spot 3 yrs ago. Champion 3500/4000, or the Power Stroke 3500/4350. I went with the power stroke, came with wheels and has been a heck of a good generator. Good on gas, and not real loud.
                            Not saying its better. I also have a Champion 9500.

Comment

You getting rid of the one you have now? IF so how much? What brand? How old?

Comment

Working...
                              X