Mesquite in Home Fireplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesquite in Home Fireplace

I have always burned post oak I cut/split. Any reason not to burn mesquite? Maybe the higher heat messing with fireplace components?

We built our house 13 years ago and just went with the standard builder-grade fireplace. I have it cleaned every two years by the same chimney sweep and he told me I can burn mesquite just mix it up with the oak and other woods you like to use. I would be hesitant to just burn mesquite due to the high heat issue.

Comment

I run mesquite in my home fireplace. Have heard a few people say that it burns too hot and will burn your house down. Think that’s an old wives tale.

Comment

If you have an insert type fireplace do not use mesquite as it burns very hot and you will damage your insert......if you have all brick go a head and use it...

Comment

Be careful with mesquite only long term. It will build up in the flu and can ignite. Proper chimney cleaning will eliminate this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
            Be careful with mesquite only long term. It will build up in the flu and can ignite. Proper chimney cleaning will eliminate this problem.
            This.

Comment

My in-laws pretty much burn it exclusively. Never had any issues. (They also don’t build a huge fire either).

Comment

That’s all we have used in our insert. No issues

Comment

burn lots of it and let it roar......20+ yrs all is good

Comment

Use it abuse it and it smells good too. "Oh I used …. wood and my house burnt down!" No sir, your an idiot, here's your sign.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
                      Use it abuse it and it smells good too. "Oh I used …. wood and my house burnt down!" No sir, your an idiot, here's your sign.

* you’re

Comment

Got one going tonight. Lol. Our place is covered in mesquite. Why would I burn anything else. Chimney sweep every 4/5 years. Yes it’s hot, it’s a fire. Lol.

Comment

P.S. I have an insert. Lol

Comment

P.s?s?s
                            Sorry, had some drinks and made tamales for 6 hours. Lol
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X