Northern Anderson County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern Anderson County

Planning to be out with my son this weekend for the youth hunt. I’m hearing rumors that the bucks are starting to get more active & trailing does. Anyone else seeing good activity yet?

Yes, I had my target buck running does hard yesterday evening. I first noticed it about mid month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

this is the right time. last week of October-first week of November is prime rut time in that country based on 30 years of observations.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
        this is the right time. last week of October-first week of November is prime rut time in that country based on 30 years of observations.
        He's right. Had some chasing on camera on tuesday. Full Moon wednesday night, they should be a running now til next weekend.

Comment

Sounds promising. I’ve had a 10 pt on camera when I checked it two weeks ago but all night time pics. Had some does coming in in the morning. Hoping that 10 is following the does into our spot. I’d like my son to get his first buck. Good luck to everyone that will be out this weekend

Comment

In the part of Anderson County I hunt they're just now starting to get a little rutty. They'll really start hitting it hard next week through just before Thanksgiving.

Comment

I'm just north in Henderson County and it's really HOT right now! Every day I see bucks 1-3 yr olds trailing doe. Checked cams yesterday and lots of pics with pre rut/rut action!

Comment

I'm not far from you in Leon county and the deer were really moving & chasing this morning. Even saw some of the big boys out cruising that you don't see day to day.

I think we are in store for a great youth season this weekend.

Comment

Look at the time
                  Attached Files

Comment

Man you guys getting me fired up lol
                    I’m planning to head down this evening & pull the card on my camera to see what the past two weeks has shown. I’m close to Gus Engeling WMA just east about 1 mile

Comment

3 hours until go time![emoji23] Good luck bubba, hopefully bubba junior gets a shot at some chili!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Killed this evening in north Anderson on corn. Seen does no chasing. Small bucks and him just feeding. Neck swole though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          3 hours until go time![emoji23] Good luck bubba, hopefully bubba junior gets a shot at some chili!

Bubba junior has already said he hopes they come out early so he can get it done early No patience

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

Killed this evening in north Anderson on corn. Seen does no chasing. Small bucks and him just feeding. Neck swole though

That's a nice buck, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

Nice buck! What area you in? I only had a couple of scrub bucks on camera last few days & they were together in a few of the picks. Hadn’t seen our 10 point since Oct 18th. I will say the deer are loving the biologic blend I planted. The does & the scrub bucks are munching away in the pics

Comment

Working...
                              X