Finished my new set up today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished my new set up today

Got my new stand all strapped in and holders in the tree. Just waiting on the season to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good.

Comment

Nice! Good luck this season

Comment

Very nice

Comment

How are you gonna shoot a bow from that?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            How are you gonna shoot a bow from that without being seen?
            Fify

Comment

Looks like a nice setup. Just my .02 but if your planning on deer hunting any movement will be caught. I know it's not what you want to hear.

I personally would pick the tree behind all the cover. Install your ladder stand and then clear a shooting window within the red circle. Have way more of a chance drawing back on a big buck. Probably see more deer as well.
              Attached Files

Comment

As tall as it is he might be good. Test it on some pigs. I would have a problem there because I would have left one section off

Comment

I would think you would get picked off trying to bow hunt from that?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    How are you gonna shoot a bow from that?

The seat folds up so I can stand. And I’m hoping being 20’ up and in the fork of the tree I won’t be noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      Looks like a nice setup. Just my .02 but if your planning on deer hunting any movement will be caught. I know it's not what you want to hear.

I personally would pick the tree behind all the cover. Install your ladder stand and then clear a shooting window within the red circle. Have way more of a chance drawing back on a big buck. Probably see more deer as well.

The red circle is actually in front of the stand just a little but not much. I guess we’ll have to see how it all plays out.

Comment

Here’s a further away view. Most of the lower trees stay green year round. Hopefully it works out but if not I can move it.

Comment

you can draw without being busted. i have a similar set up. my concern is being able to shoot straight on. mine is more perpendicular to target.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                            The seat folds up so I can stand. And I’m hoping being 20’ up and in the fork of the tree I won’t be noticed.

You’ll be fine. I’ve killed piles of deer out of a climbers and ladders like that. Get stood up when you hear/see them coming, get your bow up, draw when they get behind something or aren’t looking, let ‘er rip.

In my opinion, it’s better to have solid cover BEHIND you when you’re up a tree to mask movement against sky, rather than in front of you. I like to have clear shooting lanes in every direction possible because you never know for sure where the deer will come from or the path & rate of travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              you can draw without being busted. i have a similar set up. my concern is being able to shoot straight on. mine is more perpendicular to target.
                              The seat on this stand is big enough to be able to shift and rotate pretty easily with a kick out foot rest to brace on. It also has a sit or stand option. I can shoot well from a sitting position so I’m not too worried.

Comment

Working...
                              X