Shoulder or European Mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder or European Mount?

We're having a hard decision on what to do with the buck my wife shot. It's a very unique buck with two drop tines and a third starting to grow, however it's not very wide and isn't a huge scorer. If we shoulder mount it I'm leaning towards an upright wall pedestal, but we're also entertaining the idea of a euro mount. If we go euro I'm thinking about somehow incorporating it with her deer from last year. Any suggestions or ideas? Here's pics of the buck and another of her mount from last season.

Shoulder Brandon!!! Congrats!!!!

Comment

Shoulder !!! Its a freak !!!!

Comment

Shoulder mount

Comment

Shoulder mount no question, it is a very unique deer and would probably regret it if you don't shoulder mount.

Comment

I forgot to mention he does have G1's, but they are gong sideways. They most likely wouldn't be visible on a shoulder mount but would be on a euro.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bone View Post
              Shoulder mount no question, it is a very unique deer and would probably regret it if you don't shoulder mount.

There is the option of saving cape and doing a euro. Maybe a Euro Skull Lamp? Later if you decide to shoulder than do so.

I still say shoulder!
              Last edited by Antlers86; 12-03-2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                I forgot to mention he does have G1's, but they are gong sideways. They most likely wouldn't be visible on a shoulder mount but would be on a euro.
                Angle head down a little? That dude has some great character! I dont think eyeguards will matter if seen IMO. Its the droptines that id be looking at.

Comment

Shoulder mount that sucker! I played that same game on a buck I killed a few years back. Wasn't very wide, didn't score as much as all my other bucks on the wall, but he has a bunch of character, a great cape and was taken on really memorable hunt. I'm so glad I shoulder mounted him. I look at that mount every day and remember how much fun that hunt was.

Comment

Was that deer shot on James' place?

Comment

What a great buck with lots of character....shoulder mount for sure. Congrats

Comment

My first thought was shoulder mount and I then saw the other mounts. I would do a euro. I personally think it will fit in better with the others.

Comment

Very cool buck! Shoulder!

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                            My first thought was shoulder mount and I then saw the other mounts. I would do a euro. I personally think it will fit in better with the others.

Agreed!

Comment

Had an idea but I gotta think more about it first. It may never have been done and also may be stupid. Or the next "in" thing. Not sure yet...

Comment

Working...
                              X