Sons graduation buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sons graduation buck

Well some of you may remember me posting a while back about looking for a hunt for my son who is a senior and going to the military and seminary. Well after a lot of generous offers I decided to book a trip to Hillsboro to hunt with Judge Lee Harris. Last Friday TJ and I set out for the hunt and upon arriving at the ranch met what I would find out over the next 4 days one of the most generous good hearted men I've ever met in Lee. Lee and TJ set out for their blind after dropping me off at my blind overlooking a canyon. About 30 minutes into the hunt I received a text that TJ had shot and it appeared to be n excellent shot! Next text was Lee saying this never happens this easy! Well how true that would be! Lee and I had been talking for 6-8 weeks and had this buck targeted for TJ.

We had good blood but looked for the deer for almost 7 hours that night. We jumped him twice. We decided to back off finally after exhaustion and look in the morning. At this time I meet what I would consider the second most maxing gentleman of all time in Chris. He guides and helps Lee on the ranch. We took up the search on Saturday morning and spent the next 7.5 hours looking for him. By 1:30 that afternoon we were all exhausted. Not to mention wet from the cold rain that had set in. We were all sick at the thought of loosing this deer we had planned on for two months! A lot happened Saturday evening and Sunday that none had to do with this deer. TJ even had the pleasure of seeing Lee's avatar buck!

Fast forward to Monday afternoon our last afternoon of hunting. We are driving around the ranch with Chris talking about the avatar buck when we round the corner and Chris says there he is! He grabs his binoculars and I asked that's the avatar buck, excited that I was going to get to see him! Chris said no it's the split brow time buck! TJ's deer!!! I asked the one standing up are we looking at the same deer and he says yes! He's still alive! Very good reason we never found a dead deer! Chris and TJ get a plan down and long story short three days after he was shot TJ gets a second chance at the deer and this time it counts! The deer was put down. The last evening of our hunt! Literally hours let on the hunt. Upon cleaning him we found TJ had made a perfect shot in the front shoulder the first time so we had no logical reason this deer was still alive three days later!

Thanks again Judge Harris and Chris! You both are amazing men and this will forever be one of the most amazing and memorable hunts. Me and my son ever shared!!
    Attached Files

He scored 135
    Attached Files

Comment

Amazing story and great ending. Happy for yall. Do you think the shoulder shot was just forward of vitals? Craziness!

Comment

Nice buck...Congrats to your son.

Comment

Great write up Big Bro!!! Congrats again TJ, you make me one proud Auntie!!!

Comment

Congrats...

Comment

congrats

Comment

Wow.........congratulations!

Comment

Great stuff ,Congrats to you both,Great buck

Comment

Was an amazing weekend! Thanks guys I know my son was super excited and is still smiling and talking about it

Comment

Nice

Comment

Congrats to you and TJ.

Comment

Cool story...congrats and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome
                            Congrats

Comment

What a great story. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations TJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X