I still haven't hunted this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still haven't hunted this year!

I'm too new to go by myself for deer and I haven't even attempted to go yet this season. Anyone else?
    I don't have a lease and don't hunt enough to justify one (obviously).

Sorry. Sitting in the docs office and bored. Haha

Comment

Me either. Havnt shot my bow since last January. Going on a hunt in December, so I guess I'll dust it off in a week or two.

Comment

You should go on that TBH hunt Banzai posted. Meet a few TBHers and shoot a deer for $350

Comment

Not yet, but I will be day after tomorrow.

Comment

Been twice. I've been busy at work.

Comment

Don't worry... I'm hunting enough for both of us!

Comment

I’ve hunted one week, but no shooters!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  You should go on that TBH hunt Banzai posted. Meet a few TBHers and shoot a deer for $350
                  Where is it posted? I can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                    I'm too new to go by myself for deer and I haven't even attempted to go yet this season. Anyone else?
                    I don't have a lease and don't hunt enough to justify one (obviously).
                    Do you not have a place to hunt? Or is it something else keeping you from it?

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                      Do you not have a place to hunt? Or is it something else keeping you from it?

I don't have a place to hunt deer. I could go public, but I don't know how to field dress and shoot correct size and type, etc.... I got my first deer last year (ever) at a friend's place, but he walked me through the whole process.
                      My wife is a vegetarian, so I don't even need the deer, except for maybe one strap so no major rush to get out there :-)

I do have a place for public hogs though in Ennis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                          I don't have a place to hunt deer. I could go public, but I don't know how to field dress and shoot correct size and type, etc.... I got my first deer last year (ever) at a friend's place, but he walked me through the whole process.
                          My wife is a vegetarian, so I don't even need the deer, except for maybe one strap so no major rush to get out there :-)

I do have a place for public hogs though in Ennis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot my first deer in 2015 on my BIL's lease. Spent 2016 hunting public and ate tag soup. It's a learning process. Absorb and become immersed in all of the information you can possibly gather. It will take work. The research will only get you so far. You need to get out there and really experience everything you read about/watch. Your instinct will kick in and you will be surprised how much you can progress with time spent in the field.

Comment

Responded.
                            Some awesome dudes on here.
                            Last edited by Kdurham; 11-22-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                              Shot my first deer in 2015 on my BIL's lease. Spent 2016 hunting public and ate tag soup. It's a learning process. Absorb and become immersed in all of the information you can possibly gather. It will take work. The research will only get you so far. You need to get out there and really experience everything you read about/watch. Your instinct will kick in and you will be surprised how much you can progress with time spent in the field.
                              Last year was my year hinting here and I did put in a TON of hours and miles hog hunting on public land. I have that down to a science :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X