grapevine info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grapevine info needed

where is the office for grapevine coe. id like to get a permit. what works best out here climbing stands, chain ons, or ground blinds.

Offices are in Lewisville. Google search will bring you to it. Climbers are the only legal to have a stand. Legally you can't leave stands out there.

J

Comment

so there are trees good enough for climbers then

Comment

if you know where lakeview golf course on Mill St is, then you can find the OCE office.

Comment

I heard they cut down all the trees and you have to use a bright orange homer bucket with bells attached to it for your stands But the last time I was out they had a few good trees between 377 and 35.

Comment

The office of Grapevine is at Grapevine! That office has control over Lewisville Lake also. It's on the road that goes over the dam on the right hand side as soon as you turn on to it. I'm not sure of the name of the street but it's a pretty big facility.
            I get a permit every year to go there and have never been hunting there--yet.Most of the available land I've seen this year was still underwater when I went to renew this year.
            A fella on TBH has arrowed 2 real nice deer out there this year-----right about Thanksgiving I believe so if you do a search, I'd bet you could find his thread and ask him about what kind of system would be best for hunting out there.

Comment

thanks for the info fellas, i usually hunt on aquilla but figured why not try grapevine since its way closer. if its still under water i guess ill take my canoe then.

Comment

Originally posted by hand grenade View Post
                so there are trees good enough for climbers then

as long as you put your work in, you find deer and good trees to climb.

J

Comment

Almost everything you need to know:

But, there's no deer around Grapevine Lake

Comment

Is there deer around grapevine? I would like to start scouting it as it is pretty close to home as well just a few miles away.

Comment

im going to wait till after the season to get a permit. dont want to mess anyones spot up, or trudge around scouting while others are hunting. thanks for the info though.

Comment

I am gonna wait till end of season as well.

Comment

Whew,9 months till next season,that's a long wait! It wont hurt nothin to do a little scouting between noon and 3 pm. Most guys are back at the truck eating lunch or taking a nap during that time anyway.(if they're like me! Ha!) Yall need to be in the woods now,deer are starting to move.I looked at 6 deer in 4 hours saturday morning on the WMA I was hunting. The rut is about over but I think the deer are trying to fatten up,and eating more. And when we get the next real cold spell,WATCH OUT!

Comment

oh you can bet ill be hog hunting up there after deer season is over with.

Comment

I hog hunt at Ray Robertst Lake very big hog there.

Comment

Working...
                              X