Glock replacement sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock replacement sights

Looking for some new sights for my dad. He has a g21 and has a hard time with the stock sights. Doesnt really help the he is color blind also. Was looking at the ameri glo and snakeyes type sights, like a old style peep sight. Anyone use these or have a better recommendation?

I put Meprolight True-dot night sights on all my Glocks and love'em.

And I go in for cataract surgery starting Jan 16 so I don't see so well either...

Meprolight is a leading manufacturer in the optics, handgun, shotgun, and thermal sights industry. ISO and MIL certified.

Comment

HS Big dots?

Only one color and 'dot the eye'. Have a set on my 43 and have considered them on my 19.

22 has diamond speed sights that are OK also

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        HS Big dots?

Only one color and 'dot the eye'. Have a set on my 43 and have considered them on my 19.

22 has diamond speed sights that are OK also
        XS perhaps?

All according to use but the XS are a very good option for combat or wuick shooting sights for us older folks (and young’uns also).

They also have a newer version instead of the V/dot the “i” sight. It is the same big dot with the more traditional back sight.

Comment

I have TruGlo TFX Pro sights on mine. Has fiber for day time and tritium for night time in center of fiber. I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            XS perhaps?

All according to use but the XS are a very good option for combat or wuick shooting sights for us older folks (and young’uns also).

They also have a newer version instead of the V/dot the “i” sight. It is the same big dot with the more traditional back sight.
            Correct.

Should have been xs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

The big dot would be easier than the peep sight type?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                The big dot would be easier than the peep sight type?
                I think so. Ive shot the peep before and on a pistol, took to much time to center the front in the peep etc. I didn't care for it.

Its hard to pick sights for someone else and a PIA to spend 100 bucks a set and change out till you find something you like.

Comment

I have ameriglo spartans on all my Glocks. Big orange dot with a tritium insert up front, blacked out notch in the rear with tritium inserts. Makes picking up the front sight super fast. They're the same concept as the Trijicon HDs but about 1/3 less cost. Should be able to find some for around $100 installed.

I'm not sure how it would work for someone who's completely color blind, but if it's just a red/green thing, I think he would be fine.

Comment

I would HIGHLY recommend not getting anything Truglo. They are made poorly with shoddy machining practices and negligent quality control. I can say this because I used to work for the company making them.

Comment

I’m keeping an eye on this. I want to replace mine on my g20 . Really want optics but might hold off and get the g40

Comment

Big dots would probably be the top option. I have trijicon HD on my glock with the orange front, Love em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check Warren Tactical, the plain black blade rear and tritium front are just the ticket. Started carrying them on my duty pistol and have since switched all my Glocks to those.

Comment

I went with a blacked out 10-8 rear sight with a trijicon front. Great setup on my 19

Next I put Xs Express sights on my 43, just a hair smaller than the big dot, and I will shoot nothing else now. Tee up the ball and squeeze! Doesn’t get any easier to me than that.

Comment

I have the ghost type sights on my duty Glock 17.
                              I also change the way they made my eye glasses.
                              I had them move the reading part up so all I have to do is tilt my head back just a little and the sight come in clear and the target is clear

I like because you center a circle in a circle.

Comment

Working...
                              X